The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about Forum Logo and creating a logo.

2 posters

Go down

Questions about Forum Logo and creating a logo. Empty Questions about Forum Logo and creating a logo.

Post by Hayley July 29th 2008, 6:31 am

Hi all,
I have read heaps of threads where people are requesting logo's but...
Before I request if someone can create me a logo for my site, I am wondering if I need to do anything first.
Do I need to buy a domain name first?
Do I need to spend a certain amount of credits first?
Can put a new logo onto a forum motion forum?
Or can I just ask someone if they will do some creating for me.
The other questions are,
What do you need to know when I am requesting a logo?
And what does it involve?
Also, what if I have no idea where to start when asking for a logo, ie design, colour etc...?
Here is my site,
http://sleeversforums.motionforum.net

Thankyou in advance!!
Hayley
Hayley
Forumember

Female Posts : 220
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Questions about Forum Logo and creating a logo. Empty Re: Questions about Forum Logo and creating a logo.

Post by Guest July 29th 2008, 6:37 am

I would advise you to read the Requesting Rules of the Graphics Forum that are found here > [LINK]

Back to top Go down

Questions about Forum Logo and creating a logo. Empty Re: Questions about Forum Logo and creating a logo.

Post by Hayley July 29th 2008, 7:40 am

Thankyou for your reply Scamite,
I wonder if you could have a look at my site and see if you have any idea as to what to do with its logo?
It is a support forum for people who have been through a particular surgery, and I like the colors that is has now, but it needs a personalised and snazzy logo. I read through the page you linked me to, but to tell you the truth, I still need help Embarassed I am just not good at this stuff, in fact from the day I opened my forum it has been a steep learning curve.
Hayley
Hayley
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 29th 2008, 7:52 am

The "logo" is a banner. In a new thread, simply request a new banner to replace what you have now. Be as specific as you can. I suggest you use the Graphics Commander (found in previously posted link).

You may want some new 'Topic Icons'. The icons along the side of the forum that tell you if there is a new post etc. Again, use the Graphics Commander for this.

There is much you can do. Just about everything can be changed on your forum. You can always go to the Hitskin site and use a new skin to give your forum a new look.

Ask your members what they would like to see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim July 29th 2008, 11:41 am

for a start why don't you just explain in 3 sentences what your forum is about and what it offers... add the preferred colors you'd like to see and/or images.

from there we can work on your logo
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley July 30th 2008, 5:45 am

Hi and thankyou for your replies, I have followed Scamites instructions and created a request with details there. I have added as much info as I can.
Thankyou all for your help!
Hayley
Hayley
Forumember

Back to top Go down