The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum

+8
Jalokim
Creazy8
Shadow
Antonio1992
Doctor Inferno
Caihlem
KiiD CuDii
Aloverssunset
12 posters

Go down

Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum

Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum Left1128%Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum Right11 28% 
[ 5 ]
Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum Left1150%Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum Right11 50% 
[ 9 ]
Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum Left1122%Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum Right11 22% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum Empty Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum

Post by Guest July 29th 2008, 3:13 pm

Since none of these suggestions are really ever being or going to be added why dont we just lock or delete this forum?

I mean come on this forum is a joke!

Back to top Go down

Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum Empty Re: Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum

Post by Aloverssunset July 31st 2008, 8:59 pm

I voted no, some times brilliant quickly implementable ideas come out of the blue. Some or should I say most ideas are not compatible with either forumotions/tech abilities/phpbb2-3/.

Like lets say if they added an imageset folder where your desired icons and buttons remained the same no matter which hitskin theme or css theme you used, or the ablility to change each category theme (yes there is a board out there like that), but the techs don't know how to fix it when problems develope, then what is the use of having that feature?

And if many many people requested a certain feature enough, they probably would implement it to satisfy the masses...

Lets say a thousand people will leave forumotions if signatures are not allowed... well leave then.

but what if a five hundred thousand people say they will leave forumotions if signatures are not allowed???

maybe they will allow small thin userbars... but then again, maybe not

Hmmmm... Hahaha

Sandra

Last edited by Aloverssunset on July 31st 2008, 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double words/name)
Aloverssunset
Aloverssunset
Forumember

Female Posts : 256
Language : english

http://abeautifullife2c.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum Empty Re: Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum

Post by Guest July 31st 2008, 9:11 pm

Hello Friend,

I see that you are new, so I ask you to go look at the date of the posting of many suggestions. there are some over a year old. and these suggestions are readily available on other providers.

I have much invested in foruotion that is why I am sticking around and the fact I have over 11,000 credits!

If forumotion indeed wants to be the best they need to put up!

Back to top Go down

Post by KiiD CuDii July 31st 2008, 10:13 pm

I know right people suggest stuff and last years and still not added after people voting yes.Other support forum in different languages has better stuff then the forumotion(English).So why bother suggesting
Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum 29775910Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum 59245010
KiiD CuDii
KiiD CuDii
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1118
Language : USA

http://dramatiktest.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloverssunset August 1st 2008, 4:52 am

This topic has already been suggested, refused and archived. With the original author of this post, having posted in the archived one as well...

https://help.forumotion.com/archives-f33/suggestion-to-close-the-suggestion-section-of-the-forums-t4121.htm

Yes, Kilsek. I am new to forumotions. But I am not new to support forums, nor to free phpbb version 2 and version 3 free forum hosts. I was actually a phpbb 3 beta tester to one of them. It had awesome features!!! Problem/why am I here on forumotions?

It came to the point that I got booted totally off line whenever I posted in the other board, and they could never figure out why, nor could they fix it. So, what was the use of the awesome features when it just messed up my board totally, to the point where I could not post anything at all?

They say you have to be careful what you wish for....lol

Sandra
Aloverssunset
Aloverssunset
Forumember

Female Posts : 256

http://abeautifullife2c.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem August 1st 2008, 11:05 am

Anime wrote:Other support forum in different languages has better stuff then the forumotion(English).

I'd ask you develop your point, lest I take this personally TT
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno August 1st 2008, 12:32 pm

Forumotion's alexa traffic rank is dropping drastically, of which the percent of global Internet users who visit this site is dropping by 35%!

It seems that the developers don't care! By the way, it seems that kilsek is quite angry with this matter. So am I!

Might as well close the suggestions forum since none suggestion till date has been implemented.
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 1st 2008, 1:15 pm

I agree. Lock the Suggestions Forum until the Technicians implement some of our suggested features.

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonio1992 August 1st 2008, 3:22 pm

Caihlem wrote:
Anime wrote:Other support forum in different languages has better stuff then the forumotion(English).

I'd ask you develop your point, lest I take this personally TT

Cailhem,

I think what Anime meant was that on the other languages support forums have better ideas
Antonio1992
Antonio1992
Forumember

Male Posts : 556

http://admintalk.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow August 1st 2008, 4:03 pm

Doctor Inferno wrote:Forumotion's alexa traffic rank is dropping drastically, of which the percent of global Internet users who visit this site is dropping by 35%!

It seems that the developers don't care! By the way, it seems that kilsek is quite angry with this matter. So am I!

Might as well close the suggestions forum since none suggestion till date has been implemented.

Don't take notice of Alexa, it takes in count all forums created with the subdomain ".forumotion.com", so that isn't representative of the service traffic.
It's now going down as before this subdomain was used by default for all forum creations, now we use aleatory subdomains, so less creations on ".forumotion.com" > less traffic for this domain.

Forums used in English on a 6-month period :
Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum Upl5270227999

Number of users on a 6-month period :
Locking or deleteing the Suggestions forum Upl0175848578

Anyway i know this isn't the point of topic, but details were needed.

About suggestions, I know you are all annoyed for the lack of updates in this language, but they really do their best with a real small amount of developers here.
Competent techs aren't easy to find, and don't stay long around here (in France), that makes it hard to create a solid group of techs on a long term.
The main goal the last months was to correct all bugs so we can offer users a stable service with the options already implemented, and in my opinion this is the right thing to do : correct the existing features rather than adding tons of features and keeping the past bugs, quality rather than always quantity.

By chance we have just recruited a new tech today, that is truly efficient, and we'll be able to move on with new features and suggestions, but your patience will be greatly appreciated as it demands some time to work out new features, especially when you are not Google, with a huge team of developers behind you and huge amounts of money (i remind you we are free, and only live thanks to ads, representing 90% of our revenues, and 10% for all the additional features we offer).

Just understand our position, and you'll see that for a free service of a small group, we are not doing that bad to offer you the best of us and of free forum hosting!
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno August 1st 2008, 5:32 pm

A new tech today? That's awesome!

lets hope to see some things change around here. Smile
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Creazy8 August 1st 2008, 6:36 pm

users have most suggestions but forumation not add this. I think this is not good. Users votes and wait for new updates and not see they suggested updates...
Creazy8
Forumember

Male Posts : 184
Language : Poland, not good in english ;)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim August 1st 2008, 6:38 pm

kilsek... once again you are pushing your luck on this site... You are seriously like a cat with 9 lives ... you've reached the limit of banishment and yet you are still alive... how do you do it?

I want the suggestions open. I think its fun.
Fun to look at the sparkle in your eyes when posting a new suggestion, only to find out after 10 months that no progress has been made on your idea.
the technicians visit the site ... open the suggestions... they open a bag of popcorn... open each thread one by one and they laugh at us.

(please use french accent for this dialog)

techie1: HAHAH (gargle) look Pierre , zey are wanting a cash mod
techie2: whahhaha ... c'est magnefique Lione
techie1: ahahaha the cash mod is so easy to do... hahah we could write the script in our sleep ... hahahha
techie2: hohoho... Oui , Oui ... est tres simple
techie1: or we could steal it from phpbb ... ahhahaha ... pierre, you are so funny... but you know what? we shall make zem wait... haha ahh ..
techie2: sakleblur (or something like that)

Disclaimer: The names have been altered, viewer discretion advised, none of the above material actually happened.

So yeah, i also used to be so hot for new suggestions ... now i just laugh at them all ... HAHAHHAH
no i'm joking,,, i love our techies...[ they had better get CSS3 or there will be problems ]
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilum August 1st 2008, 7:14 pm

They're french not German Jalo Wink "zem"
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759

Back to top Go down

Post by KQ August 2nd 2008, 3:56 am

I was about to say, before I read the admin's post, I know that forumotion ranks can't be dropping that much. For sure I have seen this site grow in users in the time I have been here, and have noticed that the topics are replied to a little more readily, it seems. The section of Naruto forums has grown a lot from when my site had complete domination over it, so something must be up. Forumotion can't be sliding that much.

Keep the suggestions forums up. Let's say your right and tech's don't come here. Well, do you think any good will be done by locking up the suggestions forums? I don't see it. All I can see happening by locking it up is that people will not get as strong of a voice on the chain they work for. And I can't see that leading to any good either. Sure people are annoyed that their requests seem to get overlooked. Yep. I know I have seen a lot of our old requests on here are completely mute. But if we don't have the boards up, what good is made there? Besides, the very fact that the suggestions forum is posted on so much must be telling the Tech's that we want to see updates happening still on Forumotion. I doubt they are overlooking such a blatant point.

Some of the things suggested have come to pass. We can now personalize the profiles on our site, and that has lead to a lot of good if you ask me. If I recall, that has been something suggested? I don't know, just seems like it to me. And what's gonna happen if you get rid of the suggestions? Then the users will suggest things in other places and they will end up in every other forum here causing quite a distraction. People already post things in the wrong places. This will only make us see suggestions flying into every corner of subforums and categories on the site. And that will be quite unbeautiful now, don't ya think?

Plus, in the year my sites have been on Forumotion boards a lot of change has been done. So you guys can't say the tech's aren't doing anything. And if the tech's are doing things, whose to say they aren't reading some of our suggestions? And one last defense of the suggestions forums. A lot of times someone posts something, and then someone else tells them how they figured out a way around it or how they figured out how to do it on their site. So even while we wait on the tech's, users are being innovative and may share their successes with us hopeful site makers. So we may still get what we want ^_^

I don't know. It's possible I am way off base here. But it makes sense to me. Although it's also possible I look like some Suggestions addict who needs his daily dose of voting yes or no and can't go back.
KQ
KQ
Forumember

Male Posts : 204
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa August 2nd 2008, 4:25 am

I vote No. Who knows, one day I might come up with a Brilliant idea in all my geniusNess and without this section, I'd have no where to place it, Kilsek. * pokes you * Razz
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario August 2nd 2008, 7:29 pm

I vote no since you can see what other people have an idea and then some member might make it or something so I say Keep It UP!!!
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 5th 2008, 1:45 pm

I think what kilsek is actually on about is the total lack of implementation of ANY suggestions from the English support forums.
Yet look at some of the implemented changes to our forums, trace them back and one that sticks in my mind is one from the french support forum implemented yet got the princely sum of 23 votes.
There are votes for stupid suggestions on here that have more votes than that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 5th 2008, 3:11 pm

@Jalokim-I really am not out to disrespect forumotin really! But I mean damn, come on. I have respect for those who show respect.

@ Typlo-thanks for the post. I appreciate it and am happy that a new tech has been hired.

I have looked at many other hosts and they have many of the suggestions we posted already. I have made posts on thier help sites and was literally laughed at when I mentioned Forumotion.

I mean if forumtion recieved 5-6 of the suggestions that have over 25 agrees that have been sitting around for over a year we all would be happy.

At this point I would cash in all my credits to obtain the suggestions that I have asked for!

Again just because I speak out about Forumotion does not mean I have no respect for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by KQ August 5th 2008, 11:51 pm

Kilsek wrote:@Jalokim-I really am not out to disrespect forumotin really! But I mean damn, come on. I have respect for those who show respect.

@ Typlo-thanks for the post. I appreciate it and am happy that a new tech has been hired.

I have looked at many other hosts and they have many of the suggestions we posted already. I have made posts on thier help sites and was literally laughed at when I mentioned Forumotion.

I mean if forumtion recieved 5-6 of the suggestions that have over 25 agrees that have been sitting around for over a year we all would be happy.

At this point I would cash in all my credits to obtain the suggestions that I have asked for!

Again just because I speak out about Forumotion does not mean I have no respect for it.

You were laughed at eh? Well that's fairly rude of them. Hm...
KQ
KQ
Forumember

Male Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow August 6th 2008, 2:28 pm

Well, I wouldn't be expecting people from another host saying we are good anyway, that's are competition work...you'll never say your competitor does well nor is better, but rather say it's crap or point out the negative points, so would users of that service if they're happy about it.
That's not really fair, but that's how it works.

Now I'm still seeing this story of respect here, i'm getting tired really arguing about those suggestions, as this topics won't lead anywhere.
The problem here IS NOT respect, IT IS a lack of developers to make your suggestions.
It's starting to change now, so changes will also been done on your forums.

But for now, topic locked, as it's going nowhere, and you know what is the issue.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down