The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tech please respond! What is the border color code/script code

2 posters

Go down

Tech please respond!  What is the border color code/script code Empty Tech please respond! What is the border color code/script code

Post by Guest July 29th 2008, 4:52 pm

I want to edit my templates so instead of haveing colors as the forum border I can have images.

Would you be so kind as to let us know this? We were told that there would be tutorials on template editing but we havn't gotten anything.

Example as you can see in the image below I was able to remove the line below the quote edit and other button to an image.

Tech please respond!  What is the border color code/script code Untitl59

Back to top Go down

Tech please respond!  What is the border color code/script code Empty Re: Tech please respond! What is the border color code/script code

Post by Guest July 29th 2008, 5:00 pm

It's possible!!!

http://www.css3.info/preview/border-image/

It's a new CSS3 feature and it's now possible to do it, don't now if Forumotion supports CSS3 yet.

Do you have knowledge into how to use CSS? If you do it'd be tremendously easy for you Kilsek Razz

Hope it helps,
Dragon Man

Back to top Go down

Tech please respond!  What is the border color code/script code Empty Re: Tech please respond! What is the border color code/script code

Post by Guest July 29th 2008, 5:04 pm

Ya, but I have nothing in my CSS right now. Will that work on version 2 sites?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 29th 2008, 5:07 pm

I have on my test forum, i'll try it out for you and get back to you Razz

Edit: didn't work, I quote from that website I linked to:

border-image currently works in Safari and Firefox 3.1 (Alpha)

It also appears that it isn't supported by this site yet (unless someone wants to correct me)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 29th 2008, 5:27 pm

I have firefox dont know which version though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 30th 2008, 2:21 pm

Bring
Up
my

Back to top Go down

Post by FiXiT July 31st 2008, 6:19 pm

I've been looking for a way to change my bodyline border to images also. I haven't figured it out yet but as a temporary fix I've changed my border from solid to double just to give it some character.
border: 7px double;
padding: 20;
will give you a border that looks like this. Not as good as an image would look but it gives it some depth.

Tech please respond!  What is the border color code/script code 28s6nfd
FiXiT

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim July 31st 2008, 6:48 pm

You can't have a image border... that is CSS3 technology which isn't fully available to the public yet.

As soon as CSS3 gets the A ok, it will be implimented for all... maybe forumotion will be able to update the CSS with the new features of CSS3.

so for the time being this is unavailable, but its on its way
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down