The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advertisements

4 posters

Go down

Advertisements Empty Advertisements

Post by littlepeddler August 2nd 2008, 11:38 pm

Can some one tell me how to place a advertisement on my forum. Just a quick tutor.
Will some on show me a forum that has it so I can see what it looks like.
Thanks
Littlepeddler.
littlepeddler
littlepeddler
Forumember

Female Posts : 101
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Advertisements Empty Re: Advertisements

Post by msm8bball June 2nd 2009, 2:38 am

I'd like to know how to do this too.
msm8bball

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc June 2nd 2009, 2:40 am

I don't know much,but this can be useful...

Create your picture,links,ect,and use them as ads,and add them here:

ACP=>Display Tab=>Homepage=>Generalities=>Homepage message=>Add info=>Save
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandeep619 June 2nd 2009, 2:43 am

Why would you want these ads at the first place? Well, I would recommend adding these ads on a Custom Block in the Portal, so whenever someone enters, they are able to see the advertisings... lol.
Amandeep619
Amandeep619
Forumember

Male Posts : 413

http://www.lg-club.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by msm8bball June 2nd 2009, 2:48 am

Amandeep619 wrote:Why would you want these ads at the first place? Well, I would recommend adding these ads on a Custom Block in the Portal, so whenever someone enters, they are able to see the advertisings... lol.
Would you elaborate on how to do that?
Master Marc wrote:I don't know much,but this can be useful...

Create your picture,links,ect,and use them as ads,and add them here:

ACP=>Display Tab=>Homepage=>Generalities=>Homepage message=>Add info=>Save
I put the code in there. But when I try viewing it, it just shows the code, it doesn't show the add.
msm8bball

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandeep619 June 2nd 2009, 3:09 am

msm8bball wrote:
Amandeep619 wrote:Why would you want these ads at the first place? Well, I would recommend adding these ads on a Custom Block in the Portal, so whenever someone enters, they are able to see the advertisings... lol.

Admin Panel => Modules => Portal & Widgets => Portal Management => Portals Pages List => Portal Structure

In the Portal Structure, you will see many new options, and be able to create Custom Blocks, I think if you play around with it a bit, then you will become a pro with making these widgets, and editing them to your choice. Very Happy
Amandeep619
Amandeep619
Forumember

Male Posts : 413

http://www.lg-club.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by msm8bball June 2nd 2009, 3:59 am

Amandeep619 wrote:
msm8bball wrote:

Admin Panel => Modules => Portal & Widgets => Portal Management => Portals Pages List => Portal Structure

In the Portal Structure, you will see many new options, and be able to create Custom Blocks, I think if you play around with it a bit, then you will become a pro with making these widgets, and editing them to your choice. Very Happy
I tried that, but I couldn't figure it out. I don't even know what a portal does.
All I really want is a banner ad to appear below my logo at the top of the screen.
msm8bball

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepeddler June 2nd 2009, 4:09 am

I think what I would like to say is that I would like to sell banners for the site. Can that be done?
littlepeddler
littlepeddler
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by msm8bball June 2nd 2009, 4:37 am

littlepeddler wrote:I think what I would like to say is that I would like to sell banners for the site. Can that be done?

Yes. You can use an ad service like Ad Brite. It will automatically put ads on your site, or somebody can sign up to specifically advertise on your site.
msm8bball

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepeddler June 2nd 2009, 5:00 am

well I tried to make a new content box but some how it didn't work for me. After I got it done the the portal defaulted to only one large column.
littlepeddler
littlepeddler
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by msm8bball June 2nd 2009, 7:58 pm

littlepeddler wrote:well I tried to make a new content box but some how it didn't work for me. After I got it done the the portal defaulted to only one large column.
I figured it out for you.
Go to Admin Panel>Display>Generalities
You want to make a home page message. I'm not sure if the message title is necessary, but I put in "Our Sponsors"
Then on the toolbar there's an icon that looks like "A/A". You need to click that, and it will change the editor mode for you. Also, make sure the HTML editor is enabled above the toolbar (it should show a red x).
Then in the text area, paste in your code provided by your ad service and click "save". Now, when people go to the index home page of your forums, they'll see the ads.
Let me know if you figure out how to get the ad to display on all pages, not just the home page.
msm8bball

Back to top Go down