The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merge Topic Tool not same as FAQ - any advice please?

Go down

Merge Topic Tool not same as FAQ - any advice please? Empty Merge Topic Tool not same as FAQ - any advice please?

Post by Guest February 6th 2007, 12:33 am

Hi, I'm trying to merge 2 topics on my Forum using the Mod Tools. Never done it before, so checked your FAQs - this page.......
https://help.forumotion.com/Support-forum-c1/Frequently-Asked-Questions-f5/Moderation-Deleting-Basketing-Moving-Locking-t444.htm

What is shown in the FAQ example for merging topics is not the same as I'm seeing on my Forum.

I click on "merge topic"
I then get the new "Merge Topics" Panel, showing..

Topic to merge
This topic will be merged to the other topic: (ok shows correct topic)

Destination Topic
This topic will get all of the posts of the precedent topic: {SELECT}

I clicked on the "Select" Button which took me to choose another Topic - presumably the one I wanted as my Destination Topic?
I clicked on this - it took me to the Topic - but nothing else happened.
Clicked on "Merge Topics" here - and then when through the same cycle -
not getting any nearer.Confused

Please can you advise me? as need to tell my Moderators how to do it too. Thanks.

Carole Hello

Back to top Go down

Merge Topic Tool not same as FAQ - any advice please? Empty Re: Merge Topic Tool not same as FAQ - any advice please?

Post by Wiegraf February 6th 2007, 12:50 am

Hello ^^

You're right, I'll start working on an update for this topic right away Wink

Concerning the "merge" function, all you have to do now is to click on Merge Topic Tool not same as FAQ - any advice please? Topic_merge, and select a forum in the list Smile

MK
Wiegraf

Back to top Go down

Merge Topic Tool not same as FAQ - any advice please? Empty Re: Merge Topic Tool not same as FAQ - any advice please?

Post by Guest March 2nd 2007, 10:00 pm

Hello Metal knight,

sorry i hadn't previously acknowledged your reply here. Thanks very much. I think I've just about mastered the merge & split topics tools now & will type out some instructions for my moderators. Unless you've already done your update - in which case I can direct them to yours?

Thanks again,
Cas Hello

Back to top Go down