The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Topic Icon/Hidden area

2 posters

Go down

New Topic Icon/Hidden area Empty New Topic Icon/Hidden area

Post by kirkby1red August 6th 2008, 8:23 pm

Hiya everyone. There seems to be a problem on my forum www.tropicalfishfanatics.forumsmotion.com, When anyone makes a new post, the New Post icon does not change colour as it should. It seems to be an intermittent problem, because some new posts are highlighted by the circle showing red, but others are not.

It means that often new posts can go unanswered which is not good.

CAn anyone shed any light on this, or give help for how to solve it.

Thanks a lot Very Happy

Sorry to add to this but I have just noticed that posts put in thre forum 'Hidden Area', used by Admin and Mods for chat, are being displayed on the forums portal page in the 'Latest Posts' scroll bar!

I really would appreciate some help with these things guys, if anyone can help, Thanks
kirkby1red
Forumember

http://www.cockapoo-ownersforum.com/

Back to top Go down

New Topic Icon/Hidden area Empty Re: New Topic Icon/Hidden area

Post by zakir321 August 7th 2008, 1:40 pm

If you log-out, those posts should not be in the "latest posts" module anymore. This widgets shows specific entries only to the members that are already allowed to view them. Wink

I haven't yet experienced a problem with the new-topics icon. It could only be possible that your session has ended after being approx. 5 minutes inactive on the forum (refreshing a forum page, clicking a link). After that time, you are not considered as online anymore, and the topic icons display new posts since last visit.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down