The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Web Forwarding

2 posters

Go down

Web Forwarding Empty Web Forwarding

Post by PM August 8th 2008, 5:18 pm

Hello,

First of all, I'd like to thank the people behind forumotion. I am very contented and pleased with your service. I'm really glad I found forumotion. Keep it up guys.

I just have a question regarding web forwarding. Well, I already have a domain name forwarded to my forum but the domain only works when I use firefox browser. When I use IE it gives me a blank page but when I use the subdomain.forumotion.net URL it works properly. I wonder what's causing this and how I could resolve this issue? I'm thinking maybe the website has compatibility issues with IE but that can't be cause it works just fine with the original URL of the forum. I can't say the web forwarding service is not compatible as well with IE 'cause I don't see any connection between the two...or is there? Please help!

Sincerely,
PM
PM

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Web Forwarding Empty Re: Web Forwarding

Post by zakir321 August 8th 2008, 11:46 pm

That is unusual. I haven't heard of forwarding problems with IE yet... Could you please provide your forum addresses - both the forum URL and your custom domain?

I assume it's probably just a security setting in your browser options that needs to be changed.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by PM August 9th 2008, 9:32 am

Thank you for your response.

Nope, 'cause it also happens to other people. http://PinoyMuslims.com and http://pinoymuslims.forumotion.net
PM

Back to top Go down

Post by PM August 9th 2008, 9:49 am

I forgot to add that one time it worked fine with IE but the next day it happened again.
PM

Back to top Go down

Post by PM August 9th 2008, 4:18 pm

bump
PM

Back to top Go down

Post by PM August 10th 2008, 4:59 pm

bump
PM

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 August 12th 2008, 3:49 am

To my knowledge, the custom domains use a frameset to display your forum, probably IE has sometimes problems loading it properly. Do you have the latest version of IE installed? If it happens only rarely, I would just try to reload the site.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down