The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automatic backup Vs Manual Backup, pros and cons?

2 posters

Go down

Automatic backup Vs Manual Backup, pros and cons? Empty Automatic backup Vs Manual Backup, pros and cons?

Post by Brad38 August 11th 2008, 8:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what your opinion is regarding automatic backups of your forum. I have mine set to automatically backup my forum but I'm beginning to wonder about some things.

1) Does anyone know what time these backups occur at... are all forums backed up at the same time?
2) Is it possible that these backups are the cause of the server problems that have been happening?

I've noticed that nearly every night (my time here in Canada) around 9pm EST, my forum tends to slow down. I've also noticed that it's always been around this time that the major server problems and/or outages have started in the past.

I'm just curious if there is a connection between the automatic backups and the slow downs and server crashes and outages. I wonder if I set my backups to be manual, if this might be better and avoid problems. I also have noticed that not all forumotion members are affected all the time by these server problems. Could it be these people do their backups manually?

Your thoughts, ideas, insight?
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667
Language : english

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Automatic backup Vs Manual Backup, pros and cons? Empty Re: Automatic backup Vs Manual Backup, pros and cons?

Post by Nessa August 11th 2008, 9:23 pm

Hello Hi, support requests are meant to be done in the adequate subsection of the Support Forum, whereas here we're in the General Discussions.

I'm therefore locking this thread Wink

=> Locked
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down