The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stricter Moderation of the Forum Promotion Section

+2
Mr.Killerguitar
fireflare77
6 posters

Go down

Stricter Moderation of the Forum Promotion Section

Stricter Moderation of the Forum Promotion Section Left1178%Stricter Moderation of the Forum Promotion Section Right11 78% 
[ 7 ]
Stricter Moderation of the Forum Promotion Section Left1122%Stricter Moderation of the Forum Promotion Section Right11 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Stricter Moderation of the Forum Promotion Section Empty Stricter Moderation of the Forum Promotion Section

Post by Guest August 12th 2008, 4:37 am

I seem to be constantly seeing members posting on statistics as a post on their presentation.
eg.
"Our users have posted a total of **** messages
We have **** registered users
The newest registered user is *******"
Last time I checked the rules, this wasn't allowed. The rules state:
Forum Presentation Rules wrote:It is FORBIDDEN :

- to post more than once per day in your introduction topic,
- to post only to simply write "up" or to say that you have 3 new members
(Any statistical information of your forum is forbidden) or to ask
members to register on your forum, as well as to take a look, or ask
their advice,
- to make some advertising, for a forum that has not been created on editboard,
- to post a topic for a forum, if you are not the admin.
- to reply in a topic which is not yours
Point number 2 is what I am referring to. Moderators are to enforce the rules, not let members slip by them.

Back to top Go down

Stricter Moderation of the Forum Promotion Section Empty Re: Stricter Moderation of the Forum Promotion Section

Post by fireflare77 August 12th 2008, 3:33 pm

OH GOD YES! I saw one thread that was really active and it was just one member posting over and over "on ***'s behalf" with statistical information. *high fives scamite* You are so right!
fireflare77
fireflare77
Forumember

Male Posts : 161
Language : Cockne, English

http://www.blogzone3.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Stricter Moderation of the Forum Promotion Section Empty Re: Stricter Moderation of the Forum Promotion Section

Post by Guest August 12th 2008, 4:36 pm

YES! I follow the rules all the time, so I don't mind., yep yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 14th 2008, 3:28 am

If staff see this thread (especially Global Moderators), could you please comment as you are the ones who are supposed to be moderating those forums.

Thanks for the support Kilsek and fireflare.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Killerguitar August 16th 2008, 4:48 pm

Yes, I see that. There are just a few good proposals, the most are just a few lines. and I was posting like hell....
Well, I just know I have a good one^^
Mr.Killerguitar
Mr.Killerguitar
Forumember

Male Posts : 388
Language : German, English, some indo-european stuff

http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa August 17th 2008, 6:02 am

Scamite wrote:If staff see this thread (especially Global Moderators), could you please comment as you are the ones who are supposed to be moderating those forums.

Scamite, I was completely unaware that that was not allowed actually. I have seen alot of members post there stat's in there before and kept thinking when I recieved reports of such posts, where is everyone getting that info from, that is isn't permitted. LOL. I see where now. Laughing I will futhermore correct these issues as they arise accordingly here now, my bad. Embarassed
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 17th 2008, 6:28 am

Nessa wrote:
Scamite wrote:If staff see this thread (especially Global Moderators), could you please comment as you are the ones who are supposed to be moderating those forums.

Scamite, I was completely unaware that that was not allowed actually. I have seen alot of members post there stat's in there before and kept thinking when I recieved reports of such posts, where is everyone getting that info from, that is isn't permitted. LOL. I see where now. Laughing I will futhermore correct these issues as they arise accordingly here now, my bad. Embarassed

See to it you do! dwarf

it is annoying seeing them all the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by lamer2007 August 17th 2008, 6:28 am

Nessa, it is unacceptable for a global moderator to avoid reading the rules.
lamer2007
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 17th 2008, 6:32 am

lamer2007 wrote:Nessa, it is unacceptable for a global moderator to avoid reading the rules.

Back off man! What the fuck ?!?

She is new to the mod team. Besides you really need to read them as well. I do frequently to see if they changed as I am on the verge of being banned.

Back to top Go down

Post by tyhodge07 August 17th 2008, 6:34 am

Kilsek wrote:
lamer2007 wrote:Nessa, it is unacceptable for a global moderator to avoid reading the rules.

Back off man! What the fuck ?!?

She is new to the mod team. Besides you really need to read them as well. I do frequently to see if they changed as I am on the verge of being banned.

wow you too Razz
tyhodge07
tyhodge07
Forumember

Male Posts : 708

http://rcmodzone.all-up.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lamer2007 August 17th 2008, 6:34 am

I do read them as much as i need to it, doesnt matter if shes new even non-moderators on this forum read them.
Isnt reading the rules supposed to be a MUST to become a moderator.
lamer2007
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 17th 2008, 6:36 am

lamer2007 wrote:I do read them as much as i need to it, doesnt matter if shes new even non-moderators on this forum read them.
Isnt reading the rules supposed to be a MUST to become a moderator.

If you read them as you say, you'd know there is no questionng a mod in public.

Back to top Go down

Post by lamer2007 August 17th 2008, 6:37 am

Well if i do not no one else will i do not feel i should dis-obey that rule due to unfair moderators.
lamer2007
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 17th 2008, 6:44 am

lamer2007 wrote:Well if i do not no one else will i do not feel i should dis-obey that rule due to unfair moderators.

well? do it!

Back to top Go down

Post by lamer2007 August 17th 2008, 6:45 am

I have Nessa is not replying.
lamer2007
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 17th 2008, 7:22 am

i agree.

but just a thought...

what is so bad about showing your stats. all of the admins and mods have looked over all of these posts and have thought that nothing was wrong with them, regardless if they knew those rules or not. the only bad part is that alot of members post their links outside of their profile and forum presentations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem August 17th 2008, 8:47 am

I had gotten lazy Stricter Moderation of the Forum Promotion Section Sweat
Also, I sort of estimated it wasn't too bad...

Votes speak for themselves, Nessa, Luky, Skittles, Eximma and Myself will from here onwards remove and warn members who post statistics only for their forum promotions

Accepted
=> Lock
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down