The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acript for tables or cells?

3 posters

Go down

Acript for tables or cells? Empty Acript for tables or cells?

Post by mathmatika August 12th 2008, 8:32 pm

Is it possible to write some script so that you can get a simple table affect? I want to give the appearance of wrapping text around an image, like this:

text text text text text --------------------------------
text text text text text | |
text text text text text | IMAGE |
text text text text text --------------------------------

Thanks in anticpiation of a reply.
mathmatika
Forumember

Female Posts : 30
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Acript for tables or cells? Empty Re: Acript for tables or cells?

Post by Guest August 12th 2008, 8:55 pm

Code:
[table border="1"]
[tr]
[td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td]
[/tr][tr]
[/tr][tr]
[/tr][tr]
[/tr][tr]
[/tr][tr]
[/tr][tr]
[/tr][tr]
[/tr][tr]
[/tr]
[/table]

Back to top Go down

Post by fireflare77 August 12th 2008, 11:56 pm

I don't quite know if that's right or not. Just looking at the code makes it seem like you start and end a function repeatedly, how would that help? Then again, I've never seen that function, he could be right.
fireflare77
fireflare77
Forumember

Male Posts : 161
Language : Cockne, English

http://www.blogzone3.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Saurus August 13th 2008, 12:35 am

It doesn't LOOK right because of the peculiarities of the code options. Any cell has to be started with a <tr> and ended with a </tr>. Kilsek has that. The code is essentially correct for what I think the OP wants to do - have a series of table cells. The only thing I wouldn't add is the "table border" tag to open the table. It's not needed unless you WANT a border on the table.
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789
Language : english

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 13th 2008, 12:42 am

fireflare77 wrote:I don't quite know if that's right or not. Just looking at the code makes it seem like you start and end a function repeatedly, how would that help? Then again, I've never seen that function, he could be right.
lil brat kid Razz is what he wants. Me Kilsek, me smart guy Hello

Back to top Go down

Post by fireflare77 August 13th 2008, 12:50 am

Sheesh, if you were as intellectual as you make claims to be, you wouldn't bother with gramaticly incorrect sentances meant to taunt me, as I can assure you with moderate certanty that I am your intellectual equal. So no, Kilsek, no smart guy. Hello
fireflare77
fireflare77
Forumember

Male Posts : 161
Language : Cockne, English

http://www.blogzone3.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 13th 2008, 12:56 am

fireflare77 wrote: Sheesh, if you were as intellectual as you make claims to be, you wouldn't bother with gramaticly incorrect sentances meant to taunt me, as I can assure you with moderate certanty that I am your intellectual equal. So no, Kilsek, no smart guy. Hello
dont ever take a JOKE seriously JR
fireflare77 wrote: I am your intellectual equal
ya OK Acript for tables or cells? Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Saurus August 13th 2008, 1:41 am

Dammit, Kilsek ... don't you know that 14 year olds know EVERYTHING there is to know about ANYTHING by now?
Case in point...

Sheesh, if you were as intellectual as you make claims to be, you wouldn't bother with gramaticly (SP) incorrect sentances (SP) meant to taunt me, as I can assure you with moderate certanty (SP) that I am your intellectual equal.

By God, get with it, man!

(wonder if he'd care to match IQ's sometime?)
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789
Language : english

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 13th 2008, 1:47 am

Saurus wrote:Dammit, Kilsek ... don't you know that 14 year olds know EVERYTHING there is to know about ANYTHING by now?

By God, get with it, man!

(wonder if he'd care to match IQ's sometime?)
but me soooooo old me forget. us old people forget. see, I forget I said forget. Hmmm maybe? Before he thinks he kows more than I, may I recommend he do something with that site of his.

Back to top Go down

Acript for tables or cells? Empty Thanks for advice

Post by mathmatika August 14th 2008, 11:13 pm

Many thanks for the advice Kilsek - I now understand how the tables work here!
mathmatika
Forumember

Female Posts : 30
Language : English

Back to top Go down