The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

membership by invitation only

2 posters

Go down

Solved membership by invitation only

Post by Nozem August 14th 2008, 4:33 pm

Hello, first of all, congratulations to the makers of this wonderful service.
I created a forum and played around with it, but something important eludes me...how can I restrict registration to my forum to those that only I agree on. At the moment, my forum can be visited to anyone (e.g. stumbling onto it's registration page), so anyone can register, obtain a confirmation email, and get subsequent access automatically. I would like to control this because I would only want to have a small number of select members to actually use the forum. In other words, in the current mode, I can not as administrator intervene (i.e. allow or disallow) new registrations but need to keep an eye constantly on the memberlist and remove those that have registered but are unwanted...(before I know that added all kind of junk to my forum).

Sorry to describe my problem so badly, hope you understand what I mean

Many thanks

Last edited by Nessa on August 14th 2008, 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit: To Mark Topic as Solved)
Nozem

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: membership by invitation only

Post by Nozem August 14th 2008, 5:01 pm

Sorry, I think I found the solution: via Users & Groups, Users options, New accounts and tick on "Admin"

Seems to work like a charm,
Cheers !
Nozem

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: membership by invitation only

Post by Nessa August 14th 2008, 5:28 pm

I'm glad you have found a resolution to your problem already, That's great. Very Happy

But for future reference, Support requests are meant to be done in the adequate subsection of the Support Forum, whereas here we're in the Suggestion section.

And since this problem appears to be resolved, I will lock this topic now. Wink

=> Locked
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down