The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

getting the new forums active

3 posters

Go down

getting the new forums active Empty getting the new forums active

Post by Wxchaser August 16th 2008, 10:09 pm

If this has already been posted or discussed then I'm sorry but I searched and couldn't find a good topic that gives advice on getting your forum known about and active. I have two two-day old forums and besides myself only one member has joined and 5 others at least have visited. I am afraid it might not grow. I have posted on other boards where I am allowed to announce my forums, but what else do I do? Will the forums show up in search engines such as Google and Yahoo, and others? I'd really like some hints. Thank you! Very Happy
Wxchaser

Language : English

Back to top Go down

getting the new forums active Empty Re: getting the new forums active

Post by ChessMaster 8k August 16th 2008, 10:50 pm

Hello WxChaser, welcome to the forums.

If you were to ask me, I would say to wait it out. Both of your forums have been launched for two days. You need to give a lot more time than that. If anything, you're lucky you got one member to join within those days. The only thing I can really say to you is to be patient, present your forum as much as you can, and before you know it, you'll have a large community.
ChessMaster 8k
ChessMaster 8k
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

getting the new forums active Empty Re: getting the new forums active

Post by Luky August 16th 2008, 11:12 pm

Hi, support requests are meant to be done in the adequate subsection of the Support Forum, whereas here we're in the General Discussions.

I'm therefore locking this thread Wink

=> Locked

Also to answer your question did you read this topic ?
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down