The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Make the Icon Change When Clicked

3 posters

Go down

How to Make the Icon Change When Clicked Empty How to Make the Icon Change When Clicked

Post by Jarvil August 17th 2008, 5:28 pm

Okay, this might be a stupid question but I consider myself as a noob so I think I'm allowed to ask this anyway. Smile

What do I have to do to make for example the "New Topic" button change a little when I move my cursor over it? I have seen sites where it's pushed a bit inwards so it really acts and looks like a real button.

I hope you understood and know the answer.
Jarvil
Forumember

Male Posts : 99
Language : Finnish, English

Back to top Go down

How to Make the Icon Change When Clicked Empty Re: How to Make the Icon Change When Clicked

Post by Hoopstar August 17th 2008, 6:36 pm

I would like to know this too as it's a pretty cool effect.
Hoopstar

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How to Make the Icon Change When Clicked Empty Re: How to Make the Icon Change When Clicked

Post by Bpoetic August 17th 2008, 9:43 pm

Hello Jarvil . . .

Not a stupid question, lol. You'll need to go to someplace like:Cool Text Choose to make a button and down through the list, you'll run into *Other Options* There you'll see Mouse Over options. That is what you're looking for here . . .

bev
Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Forumember

Female Posts : 594

http://www.bpoetry.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarvil August 28th 2008, 7:04 pm

Yes, Bpoetic, that's one way to do it but not quite what I was looking for. Wink Thanks anyways.

This is the case: I have a button which I have just made myself. What do I have to do to make it act like the buttons for example there: http://www.hopeinenomena.net/viewforum.php?f=44 (Move your cursor over the Uusi Aihe / New Topic button and see what happens)

That effect can be seen on many sites but the technique stays as a mystery for me. Confused
Jarvil
Forumember

Male Posts : 99
Language : Finnish, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Bpoetic August 30th 2008, 12:34 pm

Well Jarvil .. . I don't know the html or java codes for making this happen. That is why I suggested going to a site that would do this for you. I can tell you this, it involves MORE THAN one button - that will make it much more of a challenge. Sorry . . .

bev
Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Forumember

Female Posts : 594

http://www.bpoetry.net/

Back to top Go down