The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

image truncation/"avatar section" size

2 posters

Go down

image truncation/"avatar section" size Empty image truncation/"avatar section" size

Post by fault August 19th 2008, 9:09 pm

problem 1: When an image is larger than the size of the forum it just crops the image. When I did a search on the problem the answer has been "post smaller images". Having my users upload to a smaller resolution or post w/ qualifiers that resize the image is unreasonable. Its an mmo guild forum so screenshots are extremly important and so is the high resolution for clarity.
Is there a way to have a scroll bar appear on the bottom when the pictures exceeds the width of the forums, allowing the image to expand the forum for that page instead of truncating the image?

problem 2: This one is relative to the previous problem. The box that contains the posters avatar that is normally on the right side (I moved it to the left) is a bit wide for my taste, and when I put the forum on 99% to try to get more of the picture in; the avatar section also expanded.
Can I control the width of the avatar section seperatly from the rest of the forum?
fault

Language : english

Back to top Go down

image truncation/"avatar section" size Empty Re: image truncation/"avatar section" size

Post by xxxVIPERxxx August 20th 2008, 5:59 am

Yes you can...in admin panel under avatars, you have 3 sections...1 of the sections contains sizing of avatars...

Insert new value's in those boxes. Starting I beleive is 200x150px....

Just readjust it to your tastes...
xxxVIPERxxx
xxxVIPERxxx
Forumember

Male Posts : 317
Language : Opinionated, English & Army

http://www.sgtlegend.com/LightFighter

Back to top Go down

image truncation/"avatar section" size Empty Re: image truncation/"avatar section" size

Post by fault August 20th 2008, 6:05 pm

Avatar size is not what needs to be adjusted... its the box that contains the avatar along w/ the information of the poster.
fault

Back to top Go down

Post by fault August 22nd 2008, 4:59 am

Bump

Alright, another approach.. is there a setting that allows us to auto resize any picture posted to the forums?
fault

Back to top Go down

Post by xxxVIPERxxx August 22nd 2008, 5:29 am

Nope, you either deal with the stretch done to your forums, or you set a size limit and tell your members to follow it...

It's your forum, and if they can't follow the rules/guidelines, nor keep things at a normal size, really, they aren't needing to be there...

Features your asking for are only IPB or a mod added to the boards....

Or, you can go and write your own css, and add a code in that fixes it all....

Those are your options...No simple fix, sorry.....
xxxVIPERxxx
xxxVIPERxxx
Forumember

Male Posts : 317
Language : Opinionated, English & Army

http://www.sgtlegend.com/LightFighter

Back to top Go down

Post by fault August 24th 2008, 2:49 am

xxxVIPERxxx wrote:It's your forum, and if they can't follow the rules/guidelines, nor keep things at a normal size, really, they aren't needing to be there...
That is debatable.

xxxVIPERxxx wrote:Features your asking for are only IPB or a mod added to the boards....

Or, you can go and write your own css, and add a code in that fixes it all....

However thank you very much for this information. Even though I have a bit of c++ background i'm very much a noob to forums.

I'm guessing its a mod option to mark posts as solved, or i'm blind and don't see the button.
fault

Back to top Go down