The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simple Machine

2 posters

Go down

Simple Machine Empty Simple Machine

Post by LawDVHS13 August 21st 2008, 5:01 am

Read the topic...

So... I guess we don't support vBulletin...
So I guess it doesn't support Simple Machine?

Simplemachines.org

If it doesn't support it... anyone wanna give me a reason?
LawDVHS13
LawDVHS13
Forumember

Male Posts : 395
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Simple Machine Empty Re: Simple Machine

Post by NOBLE CANADIAN August 22nd 2008, 8:39 pm

Are you trying to ask why Forumotion doesn't support vBulletin and SMF?

If you are, it's because vBulletin is not free software. Anyone wanting to use vBulletin must purchase a license (~$180). After the first year is up, you'll need to fork over an additional $60 every year to receive updates. Forumotion evolves around offering the average Joe a simple forum solution at little to no cost.

SMF is free, but I guess it boils down to what Forumotion wants to offer and support. In my opinion, SMF is a much better forum platform; however, I don't think it's an ideal package for Forumotion to offer and support. This is mainly due to its complexity and the depth of the administration panel.
NOBLE CANADIAN
NOBLE CANADIAN
Forumember

Male Posts : 176
Language : English

http://tdmclan.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Simple Machine Empty Re: Simple Machine

Post by Guest August 22nd 2008, 8:44 pm

NOBLE CANADIAN wrote:Are you trying to ask why Forumotion doesn't support vBulletin and SMF?

If you are, it's because vBulletin is not free software. Anyone wanting to use vBulletin must purchase a license (~$180). After the first year is up, you'll need to fork over an additional $60 every year to receive updates. Forumotion evolves around offering the average Joe a simple forum solution at little to no cost.

SMF is free, but I guess it boils down to what Forumotion wants to offer and support. In my opinion, SMF is a much better forum platform; however, I don't think it's an ideal package for Forumotion to offer and support. This is mainly due to its complexity and the depth of the administration panel.

Well said. Man I would pay for a lot more.

Back to top Go down