The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No scroll bar?

3 posters

Go down

Solved No scroll bar?

Post by vvw August 22nd 2008, 1:16 am

Hi, our forum won't produce a horizontal scroll bar in the browser when a post is wider than usual, and I can't find a place in the admin panel to make this happen...

Can someone please help me solve this problem? Thank you. Smile

Last edited by vvw on August 24th 2008, 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
vvw
Forumember

Female Posts : 41
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: No scroll bar?

Post by Aloverssunset August 22nd 2008, 1:32 am

Maybe you should adjust the window size to your own computer, so you can see the scroll bar? Just check to see if the scroll bar is there by clicking on the zoom menu right above the computer tray, or click on page button in your address bar, then click on zoom and click on 75%. is the scroll bar there? If so then you need to reduce the website width or your computer page's width...

ACP-general-configuration-scroll down to page structure and adjust forum width

Sandra
Aloverssunset
Aloverssunset
Forumember

Female Posts : 256
Language : english

http://abeautifullife2c.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by vvw August 22nd 2008, 1:41 am

Thanks Sandra, but I have checked all of those things, and reduced the forum width - but still no scroll bar on wider posts.

I just did another test... If I shrink my browser window down to really small I do get a scroll bar, but the right hand side of wider posts is still truncated so that content can't be viewed properly.

Is it a style sheet setting for within the posts, perhaps? I'm new to style sheets but I do have a technical background, so if someone points me to the right setting (and where to find it), I can probably figure it out from there.

thanks again. Smile
vvw
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloverssunset August 22nd 2008, 6:54 am

No the "posts" width are set to a certain value, not editable, I believe. Just like in the boards graphic section. When we post requested banners, only half the banner shows up. The whole thing is there, but only half shows up. you cannot see the other half unless you save it to your computer.

what you can do is post a smaller size banner as an example, or use photobuckets, image thumbnail feature, where you can click on thumbnail and then see the bigger picture.

Sandra
Aloverssunset
Aloverssunset
Forumember

Female Posts : 256
Language : english

http://abeautifullife2c.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by vvw August 24th 2008, 12:50 am

Thanks Sandra, bummer that it can't be modified - seems strange to me really, but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. Thanks for your help with this.

cheers
vvw
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa August 25th 2008, 1:39 pm

Since this problem appears to be resolved, I will lock this thread now.

=> ( Members Problem Solved )

=> Locked

Nessa
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down