The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change Background color in Character Sheet's List value Section

2 posters

Go down

Change Background color in Character Sheet's List value Section Empty Change Background color in Character Sheet's List value Section

Post by Dawn Wolf August 22nd 2008, 11:38 pm

My forum uses a black background and so the font is a light color. But we use the Character Sheets in our forum and the List Value has a white box as a default. With the light font, it is nearly impossible to see what everyone types.

Question So I'm wondering how do I change just that part? Either change the background color of the [List value] or the font to black in just those parts so that it doesn't change the font color for posts or other parts in the Character sheet?
Dawn Wolf
Dawn Wolf

Female Posts : 3
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Change Background color in Character Sheet's List value Section Empty Re: Change Background color in Character Sheet's List value Section

Post by Guest August 23rd 2008, 12:44 pm

What version of the forum do you have?

PHPbb2, PHPbb3 or Punbb

1. Log into the forum

2. Admin Panel\Display

3. On the right hand side it should show the theme version

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Change Background color in Character Sheet's List value Section Empty Re: Change Background color in Character Sheet's List value Section

Post by MasterTzu September 15th 2008, 7:16 am

I'm having the exact same issue, and I see this issue has been addressed multiple times over the last year or so without any answers to the issue.

I am currently using a custom Star Wars theme from Hitskins (which I have graphically altered) which is identified as "phpBB2 (subsilver)" in the admin panel.

There is an option in the character sheet settings themselves to change the colors of the entries, and this applies to both the entry itself and the inputted text...except in the list fields. Evil or Very Mad In the case of lists, it does not alter the text within the frame the list generates. So there went plan A for a fix.

Another quirk about this, is that when displayed as the character sheet alone (i.e. going to the user's character sheet page) the frame boxes display properly with the theme's selected frame background color (in my case black). However when viewing the person's entire profile, the character sheet section displays as the default window's frame background color (in most cases, white, in mine a light gray).

I've dug through both templates regarding the character sheet and see nothing in there whatsoever that might alter the color. So there went plan B. I'm truly at a loss now.

For reference, here is a link to a character sheet displaying properly stand alone, and here is the same user's full profile with the character sheet info displaying improperly.

Any help would truly be appreciated.
MasterTzu

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterTzu September 15th 2008, 10:52 pm

I'm stupid, you have to be registered and logged in to view those pages. :-/

Temporary tech account created --
UN: ****
PW: **********

EDIT: Removal of account details - Placehold
MasterTzu

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterTzu September 17th 2008, 7:46 pm

Can we get a tech on this? I'm 99% sure that this is an issue with the widget itself.
MasterTzu

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterTzu September 30th 2008, 6:06 am

Still no response. I'm getting really tired of the "ignore it and it will go away" attitude around here...someone had plenty of time to remove the account info so that now once again no one can get onto my site and view the pages they need to view to maybe have some idea what's going on...but they sure don't have time to post any sort of response! You people are really making me hate the internet.
MasterTzu

Back to top Go down