The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So this hitskin thing is only for your forum service?

3 posters

Go down

So this hitskin thing is only for your forum service? Empty So this hitskin thing is only for your forum service?

Post by Renodil Tue 26 Aug - 3:53

I thought it was a 3rd party service you use, but when I tried to install it using my own forum address it said it was invalid. My forum is located at http://pikachusparadise.com/forum

I tried it first like that and then without the http:// part, so I just want to know can this be used for other sites or is just for those who have signed up with forumotion.net?
Renodil

Language : English

Back to top Go down

So this hitskin thing is only for your forum service? Empty Re: So this hitskin thing is only for your forum service?

Post by Guest Tue 26 Aug - 7:56

no hitskin is only for forumotion forums.

Back to top Go down

So this hitskin thing is only for your forum service? Empty Re: So this hitskin thing is only for your forum service?

Post by Jalokim Tue 26 Aug - 11:21

yes ...
seeing as forumotion runs on .bbtheme format skins ,the service is only for forumotion clients
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Renodil Tue 26 Aug - 19:42

Yea. That's what I was asking. Bummer. All well. I don't suppose anyone knows of something like it that can be used for any forum?
Renodil

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim Tue 26 Aug - 19:42

phpbbstyles.net
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Renodil Wed 27 Aug - 2:25

Thanks, but I knew of that site. I meant something that can automatically install them like hitskin can for the forumotion forums.
Renodil

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia Wed 27 Aug - 8:45

You need to install a skin by yourself. Since the phpBB3 forum will only detect the skins located in its /styles/ directory, you NEED to upload the skin on your FTP, then you install it via your admin panel.

Another reason is that whatever you could download a skin from Hitskin, you'd need to adapt it anyway, because Forumotion's phpBB3 templates are different from the original phpBB3's prosilver templates, because of the fact that Forumotion exists since 2004 (it first started in French), so it was based on phpBB2 since the first test version of phpBB3 has been released in 2007, so FM added its phpBB3 version only last year and gradually added features from this version of phpBB. And this summer, they added a PunBB version.
About the templates, compare the footer and the navlinks on both forums, you'll see they're different.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Renodil Wed 27 Aug - 14:11

I also noticed your ACP is way different. What's up with that? If ya ask me the default one was way simpler to figure out.
Renodil

Back to top Go down