The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posting and general formatting glitches

3 posters

Go down

Solved Posting and general formatting glitches

Post by Darkwing August 27th 2008, 7:44 pm

Hi there, I am the creator of flashtrek.motionsforum.com, and we're experiencing an odd problem, which i can't seem to fix. Ok, there's a bit of a story behind it, so here goes:

The forum is almost a year old, and for about 8-9 months, nothing ever went wrong. no glitches nothin! anyways, a short while ago, after a paticular user posted, all of the posts after it on the page, would all go bold. the whole page would go bold, not just the posts. So, after realising it was a single member, I banned the account, then another admin on the forum unbanned him, and everything was fine and went back to normal, no more boldness. So, now, a couple weeks later, the forum is experiencing a glitch i can only describe in pictures:

Posting and general formatting glitches Postgl10

that's what a post looks like, but it seems to be random. it started last night, and it was doing it to random members, then, mysteriously, it fixed itself, so i thought it was my browser. but then this morning, it started again, but now, it seems to be latched onto a paticular user. I'm gonna try the ban unban thing with him too. Anyways, other members started saying that they were experiencing this glitch too, so i posted a poll, and people with different browsers than me, are also experiencing it.

My question, has anybody else had this, if so, how can it be fixed?

Last edited by Darkwing on August 28th 2008, 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkwing
Darkwing
Forumember

Male Posts : 56
Language : English

http://flashtrek.motionsforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Posting and general formatting glitches

Post by Darkwing August 27th 2008, 7:52 pm

ok, just a quick update, i've banned and unbanned the user, and it seems to have fixed itself. still, this might only be temporary, and i would still like to know why this is happening, and why banning and unbanning a user fixes it.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 27th 2008, 8:59 pm

well does the glitch have to do with images coming to a uses signature because i cannot understand what is happening in that picture.

and the ban-unban might fix ir because it might in a way "reset" the user and remove the glitch in the process.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing August 27th 2008, 11:03 pm

i don't think it's the image, as they've used that one for a while with no problems. what's happening in the image is that the formatting is screwed up. the avatar gets cut off, the users info is over in the wrong place, there's empty space, i have no idea what the cause is!
Darkwing
Darkwing
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 27th 2008, 11:10 pm

weird... did you change versions and did you change a template? if so chnage back/ restore the templates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Fan August 27th 2008, 11:47 pm

Darkwing wrote:i don't think it's the image, as they've used that one for a while with no problems. what's happening in the image is that the formatting is screwed up. the avatar gets cut off, the users info is over in the wrong place, there's empty space, i have no idea what the cause is!

I Had that problem once already, I went to add a skin or something like that and my board got all screwed up. It's fine now cause I just changed the look and feel of my board. I think it was a case of I had the wrong version of the skin for the board I had or something like that.
Brian Fan
Brian Fan
Forumember

Female Posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing August 28th 2008, 1:06 am

that's funny, because i haven't changed skins since i first got the forum

Edit: I think we've found the asnwer, there's a paticular sig my users started using by an organization called dansoft. anyways, once we deleted those sigs, it worked! so, if anybody starts using dansoft sigs, than this forum will probably get screwed up as well!
Darkwing
Darkwing
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 August 28th 2008, 7:31 pm

I can't tell what could have caused this problem, but if it happens again, please post a link to that thread/post where it is happening. In this case, please be also be sure that guests have the permission to read the topics in this forum, so I can have a direct look at the code.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down