The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the phpbb2 version, and what is it for?

2 posters

Go down

What is the phpbb2 version, and what is it for? Empty What is the phpbb2 version, and what is it for?

Post by VFKF_Trente August 28th 2008, 10:48 pm

I noticed that i can not do anything with the links on the admin panel- in the display section- on the bottum side of the page. It says "Only templates of the phpbb2 version will be affected." How do i make it so that i can use this page?

This stuff is here:
Admin Panel--Display--Templates (General, Portal, Gallery, etc.)

Oh, and are those for editing that page of the forum to make it the way you want it?
VFKF_Trente
Forumember

Male Posts : 69
Language : english

http://virtualfamilykingdom.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

What is the phpbb2 version, and what is it for? Empty Re: What is the phpbb2 version, and what is it for?

Post by Jalokim August 29th 2008, 3:30 pm

phpbb2 is an older version of phpbb forum software...
phpbb3 is the new and improved web 2,0 ready version of phpbb.

only if you buy template editing and if you have a phpbb2 theme can you access those options... currently only phpbb2 version forums are entitled to template editing. template editing allows to your personally modify links in the navigation bar and so forth.

the template editing for phpbb3 has been suggested if you wish to have this feature on your phpbb3 version forum.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

What is the phpbb2 version, and what is it for? Empty Re: What is the phpbb2 version, and what is it for?

Post by Guest August 29th 2008, 3:31 pm

version three is improved? Why is it then many of the problems are with version three boards.

Most notably the bottom (new, no new etc)

It does have its advantages though

Back to top Go down