The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Hobby/Sport?

+6
WickedSoul
Tarogasini
Caihlem
Junior-B
Demonspike
alexsteven
10 posters

Go down

Favourite Hobby/Sport? Empty Favourite Hobby/Sport?

Post by alexsteven September 7th 2008, 2:00 pm

What's your favourite hobby or sport?
Mine is basketball!
alexsteven
alexsteven
Forumember

Language : Greek, English

Back to top Go down

Favourite Hobby/Sport? Empty Re: Favourite Hobby/Sport?

Post by Guest September 7th 2008, 3:23 pm

Hobby: Dungeons and Dragons

Sport: Budwieser Drinking

Back to top Go down

Post by alexsteven September 7th 2008, 3:24 pm

Nice!
I have never played Dungeons and Dragons though!
alexsteven
alexsteven
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 7th 2008, 3:27 pm

alexsteven wrote:
I have never played Dungeons and Dragons though!

Here is what D&D is about:

This is the Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game, the game that defines the genre and has set the standard for fantasy roleplaying for morethan 30 years.

D&D is an imaginative, social experience that engages players in a rich fantasy world filled with larger-than-lifeheroes, deadly monsters, and diverse settings. As a hobby game, D&D is an ongoing activity to which players might devote hours of their time—much like a weekly poker game—getting together with friends on a regular basis for weeks, months, or even years.

Players createheroic fantasy characters -- mighty warriors, stealthy rogues, orpowerful wizards -- which they guide through an ongoing series of adventures, working together to defeat monsters and other challenges and growing in power, glory, and achievement. The game offers endlesspossibilities and a multitude of choices . . .more choices than even the most sophisticated computer game,
because you can do whatever you can imagine!

What is a roleplaying game?

The D&D game(as a roleplaying game) is a fantasy game of your imagination. It's part acting, part storytelling, part social interaction, part war game,and part dice rolling. You and your friends create characters thatdevelop and grow with each adventure they complete. One player is theDungeon Master (DM). The DM controls the monsters and enemies, narrates the action,referees the game, and sets up the adventure. To get her, the Dungeon Master and the players make the game come alive.

The Players

Each player chooses the character that he or she plays. Each character hasunique strengths, weakness, and abilities. For example, some characters have the power to cast spells, some have combat expertise, and others have special skills. You can even create your own character from scratch.

The Players' Characters

Your characters star inthe adventures you play, just like the heroes of a book or movie. Yourcharacter might be a savage barbarian from the frozen wastes, or aclever rogue with a quick wit and a quicker blade. You might be an archer trained in survival techniques, or a wizard who has mastered the arcane arts.
As your character participates in adventures, he or she gains experience and becomes more powerful.

What can characters do in the game?

A character can try to do anything you can imagine, just as long as it fits the scene the DM describes. Depending on thesituation, your character might want to listen at a door, search an area, bargain with a shopkeeper, talk to an ally, jump across a pit, move, use an item, or attack an opponent.

To do these things and more, you use the core mechanic of the game.

What does the Dungeon Master do?

The Dungeon Master (DM) is the one who plays the "bad guys." He knows the secrets of the dungeon, either because he has read the dungeon that the players explore or because he created that dungeon himself.

What should I know about D&D adventures?

A Dungeons & Dragons adventure features plenty of action, exciting combat, terrifying monsters, epic challenges, and all kinds of mysteries to uncover. What lies at the heart of the dungeon? What waits around the next corner or behind the next door? Playing the roles of your characters, you and your friends face the dangers and explore aworld of medieval fantasy.

What do you need to play?

Your group needs these items to play D&D: The D&D Basic Game (if you've never played before); otherwise: The Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual revised core rulebooks. (All players might want to have their own copies of the books.)

* A copy of the character sheet at the back of the Player's Handbook for each player.
* A battle grid. The Dungeon Master's Guide contains one.
* Miniatures to represent each character and the monsters that challenge them.
* A set of dice for each player. A set of dice includes at least one four-sided die (d4), four six-sided dice (d6), one eight-sided die (d8),
two ten-sided dice (d10), one twelve-sided die (d12), and one twenty-sided die (d20).
* Pencils, scrap paper, and graph paper to keep notes and to map the locations your characters will explore.

The D&D Basic Game

If you've never played before, the D&D Basic Game introduces you and your friends to a limitless world of imagination. It shows you how the game works and how to make the game work for you.

The Core Rulebooks

Together, these three volumes comprise the core rules for the Dungeons & Dragons game:

Player's Handbook: The rules in the D&D Basic Game come from the Player's Handbook; the hardcover D&D Player's Handbook gives you many more options. The Player's Handbook gives you complete rules to create characters, select equipment, and engage in combat with a variety of supernatural and mythical foes.

Dungeon Master's Guide: This book contains information that every Dungeon Master (DM) needs to setup adventures, narrate the action, run the monsters, and referee the Dungeons & Dragons game.

Monster Manual: The Monster Manual contains material that players and DMs alike will find useful. Withhundreds of monsters to populate all levels of dungeons, this tome also includes monster creation rules, information on playing monsters as characters, details on monster tactics, and powered-up versions of standard creatures.

D&D Miniatures: The Dungeons & Dragons game is a game of imagination, but it is also a game of tactics and strategy. Miniatures, representing characters and monsters in thegame, and a battle grid provide the best way to visualize action. The game assumes the use of miniatures and a battle grid, and the rules are written from this perspective.

Back to top Go down

Post by alexsteven September 7th 2008, 3:43 pm

It looks very interesting!
alexsteven
alexsteven
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike December 6th 2008, 12:11 pm

Wow, Kilsek, where did you get your source of information?

Looks like you took something off your own Forum.. I don't know though, it prety much sums up the D&D I guess.. nice work.

However, is there a place here where I can introduce a Thread to just talk about D&D??

Caihlem?? can I pleaaaaaaaaaase? I know you would want me to, but I fear it may clash with the rules. Sad
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Male Posts : 458
Language : English

http://darkrealms.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Junior-B December 6th 2008, 12:24 pm

I play D&D Board Game Very Happy
Junior-B
Junior-B
Forumember

Male Posts : 215
Language : Greek, English, German

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem December 6th 2008, 12:38 pm

There's an Only-Topic about Role Play Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike December 6th 2008, 12:41 pm

Can I be cheeky and ask for a link please?

I am not very good at finding things here.
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Male Posts : 458

http://darkrealms.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem December 6th 2008, 12:49 pm

Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini December 6th 2008, 4:23 pm

My favourite sport is football, tho i dont play it very often lately. I have a lot of work to do, related to computers Sad
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by WickedSoul December 7th 2008, 12:23 am

I'm not into sports...so my favorite hobbies would be using paint shop pro to make graphics for my forum members and reading/reviewing fanfictions.
WickedSoul
WickedSoul
Forumember

Female Posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by room28spartan December 7th 2008, 3:05 am

Hobby Posting
Sport Basketball
room28spartan
room28spartan
Forumember

Male Posts : 235
Language : Gibberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomie December 7th 2008, 3:13 am

My hobby is to *poke* my keyboard & use my mouse to create magic in photoshop - ROFL ^^

I love swimming & playing soccer! Especially soccer <3
Doomie
Doomie
Forumember

Male Posts : 140
Language : English,Swedish,Arabic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rezev Rose December 7th 2008, 4:07 am

Hobby - sleeping
Sport - badminton
Rezev Rose
Rezev Rose
Forumember

Female Posts : 58
Language : Locked until someone request

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles December 7th 2008, 10:47 am

In reference to the part in the rules about One-Word-Answers

Because there will be posts stating just the sport and/or hobby name. This isn't exactly our definition of a discussion.

Lock
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down