The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Browser forum text differences between IE7 and Mozilla firefox browsers

Go down

Browser forum text differences between IE7 and Mozilla firefox browsers Empty Browser forum text differences between IE7 and Mozilla firefox browsers

Post by musket September 9th 2008, 6:45 pm

Does anyone know why the forum text looks different between browsers?

I'm using a PC

Here is a screenshot enlarged. how I see the forum text with mozilla firefox v3.0.1

Browser forum text differences between IE7 and Mozilla firefox browsers Mozillafirefoxlargev301

and here again Internet Explore v7.0.5730.13

Browser forum text differences between IE7 and Mozilla firefox browsers Ie7large

I'm interested if anyone else notices differences between browsers..............musket
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130
Language : English

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Browser forum text differences between IE7 and Mozilla firefox browsers Empty Re: Browser forum text differences between IE7 and Mozilla firefox browsers

Post by Guest September 9th 2008, 7:46 pm

Microsoft Internet Explorer as default uses a system preference called clear text,

This is also used in word documents through Microsoft Office, This clear text smooths the text it making it look better finished

It does however take up a little more room

You wont be able to have the same effect on Firefox unless you downloaded an add on that uses a clear text styled preference

regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Browser forum text differences between IE7 and Mozilla firefox browsers Empty Re: Browser forum text differences between IE7 and Mozilla firefox browsers

Post by musket September 9th 2008, 8:00 pm

Thanks for the explanation Craig
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130
Language : English

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 9th 2008, 8:05 pm

Not a problem at all Smile

Since this has been answered i will lock this thread

=> Locked

Back to top Go down