The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premium themes for forumotion

+20
tcwsl
KiiD CuDii
LawDVHS13
xxxVIPERxxx
CANADIEN
musket
Sakura1
Doctor Inferno
Dot Com
Caihlem
Antonio1992
Beno
Blaster
z4mboni
johanmandal
kylesmummy06
hellboy999
Cherry Blossom
Nessa
Jalokim
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Am I willing to pay for a theme

Premium themes for forumotion Left1145%Premium themes for forumotion Right11 45% 
[ 21 ]
Premium themes for forumotion Left1138%Premium themes for forumotion Right11 38% 
[ 18 ]
Premium themes for forumotion Left1117%Premium themes for forumotion Right11 17% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 47

Poll closed

Premium themes for forumotion Empty Premium themes for forumotion

Post by Jalokim September 10th 2008, 1:36 pm

Ok ... I have something new for you guys, premium themes.

I have been discussing this matter for a while with Typlo, and I got permission to host a customization and theming service, as an unofficial branch of hitskin.

What are premium themes?
Themes and/or customizations you pay for with money.

The matter is simple, I will create a site from which you can request a personal totally customized theme for your site. Now there are going to be many categories, and I'm still working on this. but here is the general matter.
There will be 2 types of themes:
  • unique - You request a theme, that will be 100% customized ONLY for your forum. ONLY! So your site will have copyrights that will be assigned to my name. That means that if you find another forum on forumotion with the same theme then we can take legal action under the copyright and plagiarism law. This type of theme will be more expensive as it will be unique (one of a kind)
  • custom - You request a theme, the cost will be greatly cheaper, but your theme will be available for the general public... so if someone else pays for it then they can also have it. These themes will be in general neutral, meaning many other forums can use it. The unique theme as mentioned above will contain images that are reserved only to your forum... so it will be full of trademarks.

All the themes WILL NOT BE HOSTED ON HITSKIN !!!
you will NOT find these paid for themes on hitskin ... they will all be installed manually by me! All images will be hosted on my personal image host that is currently on premium. So your images will NEVER disappear.

Apart from that I offer maintenance ... What that means is at an extra cost I will tend to any problems or updates that you might want ... of course this will have a time limit... you can't ask me to make you a banner every month.

So summing up in a sentence ... You request either a unique or custom theme, You pay the initial cost, that theme is create and hosted on my server.
Benefits:
private image server
copyright to the theme
not found on hitskin

now the question... is my plan worth while... will you want to pay for a personal theme that no-one else will have?
poll is up

want more info? PM me

Last edited by Jalokim on September 10th 2008, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Premium themes for forumotion Empty Re: Premium themes for forumotion

Post by Nessa September 10th 2008, 1:40 pm

Yes, yes & yes. I think that would be a brilliant idea, I mean don't get me wrong I know all hitskin themes are free to use but I have always thought, that a lot of hard work goes into such creations and these artists should be paid for their work and creations. Very Happy
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom September 10th 2008, 1:42 pm

I love this as i said in the other thread lol

Website designers get paid to make some horrid websites, and i think its about time that you skin guys get paid for your beautiful work
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Female Posts : 996

http://cherrydesigns.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim September 10th 2008, 1:43 pm

I think people will be more interested in the fact that a premium theme will be theirs and only theirs... in a unique theme, they will be the only people with that theme, and it will be specially designed only for the forum that requested it.
if they buy the cheaper custom theme, then they know that they have a great theme that not many people will have.

in both cases, they are better than the rest
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by hellboy999 September 10th 2008, 1:50 pm

awesome idea,
i am 100% sure that there will be many people want premium themes...
especially big gaming clans are interested in their own customized themes ( they have a lot of money^^)...
hellboy999
hellboy999
Forumember

Male Posts : 764
Language : german,english

Back to top Go down

Post by kylesmummy06 September 10th 2008, 1:57 pm

yes yes yes yes i would defeneyly pay if there was more themes i could use
kylesmummy06
kylesmummy06
Forumember

Female Posts : 782
Language : english

http://mummysworld.8forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 10th 2008, 4:34 pm

I would pay, how much you want?

Back to top Go down

Post by johanmandal September 10th 2008, 4:36 pm

im not sure, not that my decision matters but
i think the biggest problem would be fixing the price

every art has a different price

i fear customer feuds
like the idea and i think its about time that something new rolled in

edit: i just remembered, im as broke as a beggar, dang!!!

Last edited by johanmandal on September 10th 2008, 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : im broke watelse :|)
johanmandal
johanmandal
Forumember

Male Posts : 205

http://love.9forum.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 10th 2008, 4:37 pm

i would pay for a touch up but i dont think i need a full theme

Back to top Go down

Post by z4mboni September 10th 2008, 4:58 pm

Yes only if I'm the only who own that theme, and no other person can have it.
z4mboni
z4mboni
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim September 10th 2008, 5:37 pm

There will be a big criteria for the themes... i know I will be looking at other premium theme site to get a price list more or less. For my themes... as mainly those will be available till some really good themers come along... my themes will also be judged on time and stress factors, thus either lifting the cost or making it smaller.

customer feuds will be settled by a criteria sheet ... so there shouldn't be problems.

plus may I remind you guys that up until now, I only considered me making the request themes ... you see this is money we are talking about here... so members are expecting the best of the best. So until, some themer comes around that makes really really ecstatic themes I will be the one responsible for all the themes.

so yeah, all complaints will go my way... in future I plan user themes that can be made premium ...
I am also in the planning stages of a theme team ... this has reference to spylettes suggestion ...
members who don;t feel that great in graphics can join up in a team of gfx members and together with me will create themes for sale... ofcourse salaries will be paid out fairly.

current update... I have a site up... i plan to make the legal notices in the next couple days.

keep posting your ideas, I might have over looked something
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster September 10th 2008, 5:57 pm

Sorry I Don't Support Your Idea Jalo ... but if this is done
my guessing forumotion will not allow skin requests in any forum
so they wont lose money for their service.i have a forum with skin requests , i dont want that to be ruined
Blaster
Blaster
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom September 10th 2008, 5:59 pm

actually blaster i agree
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno September 10th 2008, 6:01 pm

Is there a way that themes could be paid for via allopass?

The problem is i havent get a paypal account so thats off the list if people havent got a paypal account to pay with i think you arnt going to get much business as many forum owners will not have a paypal account as not old enough.

Can we see the site now?

Edit: Blaster this company that Jalokim is setting up is totally seperate from forumotion so he has everyright to do this.
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3024

http://www.benwhitedesign.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim September 10th 2008, 6:46 pm

@ beno... i looked up allopass , but i am afraid that the service won't be able to handle the sums of money that can be used on the site.
But I shall still look into it ... maybe there is a different payment plan, but I don;t think paying an amount that large is possible via your cellphone.

but then again... i'll be leading the show , so you could be able to pay in installments... for example if the limit on allopass is 10$ then you can send the cash a couple times to meet the cost of a forum theme.

I can't show you the site yet, as i've just made the base html template and the contacts page.

@ blaster ... i don't quite understand what you are saying... but it sees you are worried about other theming site that take no money for their themes. Well you are wrong if you think they'll be dropped.
Not everybody is going to buy a theme... most forums don't have the cash or donators for it. plus a custom theme isn't cheap.

so an other theming site ... like yours for example, won't see any difference. those members that have donators and credits on paypal, and want to, will be able to buy ... but forums with no credits have to stick to hitskin or your theming site.

no-one said that everybody is going to buy a theme. hope that makes something clear
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom September 10th 2008, 7:58 pm

Jalokim wrote:
@ blaster ... i don't quite understand what you are saying... but it sees you are worried about other theming site that take no money for their themes. Well you are wrong if you think they'll be dropped.
Not everybody is going to buy a theme... most forums don't have the cash or donators for it. plus a custom theme isn't cheap.

so an other theming site ... like yours for example, won't see any difference. those members that have donators and credits on paypal, and want to, will be able to buy ... but forums with no credits have to stick to hitskin or your theming site.

no-one said that everybody is going to buy a theme. hope that makes something clear

What about other sites that charge?
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 10th 2008, 8:12 pm

Well what ever cfomes out of this if someone will do a custom theme(s) for cash then you will have to let me know somehow.

To note the possibility: My credit card is paid off lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonio1992 September 10th 2008, 8:39 pm

I have a few questions. Will there be other "Theme makers" other than you? and ifso, The creator of the theme is the one paid right? Also, Do you pay only once or monthly?
Antonio1992
Antonio1992
Forumember

Male Posts : 556
Language : english

http://admintalk.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim September 10th 2008, 8:48 pm

Ok... for now I will be the theme creator, but i do plan on having other people post their themes... but I AM NOT MAKING ANOTHER HITSKIN ...
I will be very strict , and only if someone really knows how to make themes, that work on all screen resolutions and on all browsers will be accepted. These themes are paid for, so only tip top quality.
secondly, I take no provision... so 100% of the cost will be paid to a themer...

and payment is due after the completion of a theme, and after the requester is satisfied with what he paid for then you get paid.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom September 10th 2008, 8:54 pm

You never answered my question

can other sites that charge keep going and charging?
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim September 10th 2008, 9:24 pm

on forumotion there are no other premium theme hosts... so nothing changes there
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom September 10th 2008, 10:15 pm

but i think i have worked out a system for me to do this just want to know if i am allowed
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem September 10th 2008, 10:34 pm

Looks like you got yourself a good idea going on, so all I'm going to ask of you is to do it good and proper Very Happy
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dot Com September 10th 2008, 11:25 pm

This sounds interesting. I would probably like a skin depending on the price.
Dot Com
Dot Com
Forumember

Male Posts : 414
Language : English,HTML

http://www.eraofrebirth.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 10th 2008, 11:46 pm

as i said there are upps and downs for this idea. the up side is that you can get your own custom skins but the down side is that they are pay only. Also i would have launched this when there are more skin designers.

also what about if you have baught a skin from you, and then you want to use the images on another site of yours. of course you would shut down your previous forum so there are not two forums using these images.

And could you post a price range for this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 11th 2008, 1:43 am

Jalokim, get ahold of me when you are up and running, I will be the first customer!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno September 11th 2008, 9:50 am

Premium, but free. Smile
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 11th 2008, 9:53 am

I think that this is a great idea. I would love to have custom themes. I would also like to see the ability to use our credits to pay for it also. But otherwise, an excellent idea, that would prove to be very useful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim September 11th 2008, 4:03 pm

Giant post warning ... decided to spoiler the @'s
@ caihlem ...
Spoiler:

@dot com ...
Spoiler:
a rough price range (if you are astounded by the price I suggest visiting other phpbb theme sites I have added a link below)

unique theme with all copyrights : 90 - 300 $
of course a 300$ theme is a real jam packed and fully maintained theme.
but the majority of themes will range from 100 - 200$ depending on effort and time.

A custom theme ranges from 30 - 100$
Also depending on time needed, resources used and effort put into it.

Apart from that I will offer maintenance ... which means once every 6 months I can modify something on your forum ... or if you have a few possible changes after a month or so... lets say the report buttons should be a bit different... or you need a new banner cos you bought a new domain name.
this is a once off insurance policy from me for 10$ with every theme.

I will also offer html web pages ... now this isn't cheap... look at prices of web templates and you'll understand:
A full web page (homepage), really professionally done, with unlimited navlinks and maximium 30 html pages will cost from 200$ to even 500$
but try to image the level of design on a 30 page html web page thats fully customized ...

you can also order a basic webpage (homepage) : this will have limited navigation links and limited pages ... just a couple html pages in a custom design ... can cost from 50 - 200$
A basic webpage is on my test forum right now: http://testjalcss.7forum.net/

or the simple welcome web page : 1 html page with a link to your forum ... its a welcome page ... depending on size, images and effort the price will range from 10 -50$

All web pages and forum themes will depend on effort put in, resources used and by time of completion ...
there are 2 payment options... a work in progress payment ... which means you pay a certain amount of cash... i do the work... and then you pay the rest once I finish... WARNING ... with work in progress you can change anything at anytime ... but remember the more you change the more time it takes to complete and the more you'll pay in the second installment.

payment option 2 is pay all at once.
As stated above you pay the full price... after I upload whats necessary you have 1 week to judge the work ... in this time you can make small changes... after the 1 week no changes allowed unless you bought the maintainace plan.

@dragon fir ... I think?
Spoiler:
@ kilsek ....
Spoiler:

@ dr. inferno ... premium but free here

more updates soon:

premium themes sites :
Spoiler:

Last edited by Jalokim on September 11th 2008, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic