The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I Disable the Archive in the Chat Box?

5 posters

Go down

Can I Disable the Archive in the Chat Box? Empty Can I Disable the Archive in the Chat Box?

Post by Lady Lafalot September 20th 2008, 3:54 pm

We have no need for an Archive and don't want to worry about clearing it routinely. I don't see a way to disable it. Am I missing something?
Lady Lafalot
Lady Lafalot
Forumember

Female Posts : 45
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Can I Disable the Archive in the Chat Box? Empty Re: Can I Disable the Archive in the Chat Box?

Post by KiiD CuDii September 20th 2008, 4:24 pm

Greetings
As of right now i dont think you can disable the Archive.

~Anime

Last edited by Van1lla on September 26th 2008, 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
KiiD CuDii
KiiD CuDii
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1118
Language : USA

http://dramatiktest.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Can I Disable the Archive in the Chat Box? Empty Re: Can I Disable the Archive in the Chat Box?

Post by Lady Lafalot September 20th 2008, 4:56 pm

Thanks Anime.

I wonder if there is a way to set it up to /clear routinely. Anyone know?

Last edited by Lady Lafalot on September 20th 2008, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Lafalot
Lady Lafalot
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by KiiD CuDii September 20th 2008, 4:57 pm

Lady Lafalot wrote:Thanks Anime.
My Pleasure
Now it's Van1lla Very Happy
KiiD CuDii
KiiD CuDii
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1118
Language : USA

http://dramatiktest.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Carryn September 20th 2008, 7:24 pm

Van1lla wrote:Greetings Guest

~Anime
umm....thanks. but I didn't say anything Laughing
who knows maybe when my chatbox gets the cobwebs off and someone actually uses it, I will need the info!
Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Language : none.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Lafalot September 26th 2008, 12:35 am

I'm guessing that is a definate no. Thanks for your replies.

Sorry about the who is who confusion. I'm still getting the hand of this...whoever you are!
Lady Lafalot
Lady Lafalot
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 26th 2008, 2:25 am

[quote="Psi-chotic!"][quote="Van1lla"]Greetings Guest

greeting kirk??? whoa. this is the first I'm replying to this one.. ha ha lol

Lady Lafalot wrote:I'm guessing that is a definate no. Thanks for your replies.

Sorry about the who is who confusion. I'm still getting the hand of this...whoever you are!

yea Lady Lafalot it seems you just have to clear them manually.
I'm also pretty sure that if you click on archives and clear them they should be gone.
i have not tried it in a wile. my members mostly use my stickam account i created for the forum.. i still have the chat box but most use stickam now. my mods have access to the account . so it's always on most of the time if I'm not live one of my staff are.and if non of us are. then it's chat box only Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by ChadmStraight September 26th 2008, 3:19 am

hmm, this is funny to me. I actually am in need of the help with the chat box also. except im having the exact opposite problem. you see, my chat box deletes all the messages posted in it, automatically about after an hour. But you are all saying you have to manually delete them.
Right... so i'm guessing none of you would know how i can turn off the option that makes it auto delete my chat box messages then. unless of course, the archive, and the messages currently on the chat box are two different things.

I would still like to know if i can turn this auto erase thing off.
ChadmStraight
ChadmStraight
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 26th 2008, 7:26 am

ChadmStraight wrote:hmm, this is funny to me. I actually am in need of the help with the chat box also. except im having the exact opposite problem. you see, my chat box deletes all the messages posted in it, automatically about after an hour. But you are all saying you have to manually delete them.
Right... so i'm guessing none of you would know how i can turn off the option that makes it auto delete my chat box messages then. unless of course, the archive, and the messages currently on the chat box are two different things.

I would still like to know if i can turn this auto erase thing off.

Well they will not appear anymore after a certain time limit and know one being logged in.
but if you hit your archives then you can see them. see i think the archives is a great feature b/c if your or staff were not logged in. then you can see and make sure all discussions that were made were following your chat box rules.

know what i mean. technically they are still there till you clear the archive
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down