The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help Tweeking a Skin

3 posters

Go down

Solved Need Help Tweeking a Skin

Post by jbowyer September 24th 2008, 1:36 pm

My son and I have decided to use the skin “Black rain” by Sliker on Hitskin.com for a forum that we are constructing. I have figured out how to tweek most aspects of the skin that I want to change a little. However, I don’t know how to make two changes. Would you please help us?

Here’s a screen shot for reference:

Need Help Tweeking a Skin Black_10

1. I would like more space between the bottom of the description (“r of mobile te” in the screen shot) and the top of the buttons (“Log out” in the screen shot).

In the Administration Panel, where exactly do I need to make the change?

2. In the screen shot, there is a thicker bar above “Topics Posts” and a thinner bar below “Topics Posts”.

In the Administration Panel, where exactly are these bars defined? (I don’t even know if they are defined as a graphics image or as a color.)

Thanks for your assistance.

Last edited by jbowyer on September 25th 2008, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
jbowyer

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Need Help Tweeking a Skin

Post by RCMZ September 24th 2008, 1:45 pm

to answer ur first question, the r of moble that i see i think is your description or whatever, where that is at, at the end of it add <br>

and the second question try messing with your row line color, remember the color it is now, which is black #000000, try #transp there and see if that fixes it, i cant remember if that is the row line, or another line, but that is in your colors area and labled under ____ line color.
RCMZ
Forumember

http://mytestforum.activebb.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Solved Thanks to RCMZ

Post by jbowyer September 25th 2008, 3:45 pm

RCMZ wrote:to answer ur first question, the r of moble that i see i think is your description or whatever, where that is at, at the end of it add <br>
RCMZ, thank you very much for your response. Your answer is correct.

In the Administration Panel, under "General / Forum / Configuration", at the end of the "Site description" value, I added
Code:
<br><br>
and the spacing between the bottom of the description and the top of the buttons became very nice. [For some unknown reason, a single
Code:
<br>
did not change the spacing.]
jbowyer

Back to top Go down

Solved Where the bars are defined

Post by jbowyer September 25th 2008, 3:53 pm

jbowyer wrote:2. In the screen shot, there is a thicker bar above “Topics Posts” and a thinner bar below “Topics Posts”.

In the Administration Panel, where exactly are these bars defined? (I don’t even know if they are defined as a graphics image or as a color.)
RCMZ got me started. (Thanks, RCMZ.)

For the "Black rain" skin by Sliker on Hitskin.com, the bars are a graphics image. It can be found in the Administration Panel, under "Display / Pictures and Colors / Pics management / Advanced Mode / 'General / explore' " in the item "Background picture (Row title)".
jbowyer

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Need Help Tweeking a Skin

Post by Nessa September 25th 2008, 4:44 pm

Since this problem appears to be resolved, I will lock this thread now.

=> Locked

Nessa
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down