The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two questions - Want smileys on left and decrease width

5 posters

Go down

Two questions - Want smileys on left and decrease width Empty Two questions - Want smileys on left and decrease width

Post by Sabbassi September 28th 2008, 5:05 pm

Hi,

I'm using phpBB3 and would like for my smileys to display on the left instead of the right when posting/replying to a message. Is there a setting I can change or some code I can add?

Also, is it possible to decrease the width of the left column (the one that displays the avatars, etc.)? There's a large gap to the right (after the avatars) and it looks odd.

Two questions - Want smileys on left and decrease width Pictur10
Sabbassi

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Two questions - Want smileys on left and decrease width Empty Re: Two questions - Want smileys on left and decrease width

Post by zakir321 September 29th 2008, 5:12 pm

1. Smilie-box: The code below should do the trick. Copy and paste it into the textbox in "Display / Colors / CSS Stylesheet" and click submit.
    Code:
    #postingbox #smiley-box{float:left;}
    #message-box #textarea_content{float:right;}
  2. Profile-Info width: Same procedure with the code below, add it to your stylesheet. The value (here 20%) can be lowered more. Wink
    Code:
    .postprofile{width:20%;}
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Two questions - Want smileys on left and decrease width Empty Re: Two questions - Want smileys on left and decrease width

Post by lasker October 30th 2008, 9:20 pm

Hi,

Sunny_D wrote:

1. Profile-Info width: Same procedure with the code below, add it to your stylesheet. The value (here 20%) can be lowered more. Wink
    Code:

Thanks, I used this code and the avatar column indeed gets more narrow, but the message column stays the same width, so the extra space is not used.

can you tell me how I can do this?
lasker

Male Posts : 20
Language : dutch

http://democratic.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HEMISFEAR November 2nd 2008, 1:22 pm

lasker wrote:Hi,

Sunny_D wrote:

1. Profile-Info width: Same procedure with the code below, add it to your stylesheet. The value (here 20%) can be lowered more. Wink
    Code:

Thanks, I used this code and the avatar column indeed gets more narrow, but the message column stays the same width, so the extra space is not used.

can you tell me how I can do this?

I did the same thing and the avatar column did, in fact, get narrower but the body of the message area still has the weird looking gap between the avatar column and the beginning of a member's posted text? Is there any solution to this? Yes or No please??
HEMISFEAR
HEMISFEAR
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex November 2nd 2008, 3:15 pm

indeed, this code just decrease post profile area width not increase posting area width itself.
btw, maybe this one its correct code to solve this problem
Code:
#wrap div.postbody {
  width: 90%;
  }
just adjust value of with as you want it.
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down