The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EMAIL EDITOR REPLACEMENT

Go down

EMAIL EDITOR REPLACEMENT Empty EMAIL EDITOR REPLACEMENT

Post by Merlin333 Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:24 am

Consider replacing the editor currently being used for email. I send out a newsletter daily and it is the most difficult, glitchy editor I have ever seen.

A simple alternative would be to use the editor used for entering posts. It has problems but it is far better than the one used in the email section.

Here are a few examples:

If you do not complete the letter quickly or preview it "too many times", it dumps the letter and sends the user to the main menu - losing the edits.

The editing window is too small

Both editors randomly lose code placed on the page and sometimes when editing an existing letter.

Frequently code tags are visible. The <center> tag appears more frequently than others

If you copy and paste a section of text, frequently, randomly hard carriage returns are created and they cannot be removed (no even by deleting them).

Frequently, randomly the format of the email is unstable edits makes the text respond in unexpected ways.

There is no control of table sizes (collapse is used?) and tables dynamically vary with the contents almost eliminating attempts to create a consistent layout.

The background color function does work consistently

Many forums I am familiar with use the FCK editor, I am told it is free. It is much better.

Any forum owner who prepares newsletters or a lot of correspondence would greatly benefit the editor being reviewed.

Merlin333 Cool
Merlin333
Merlin333
Forumember

Male Posts : 147
Language : English

http://www.merlin333.bigforumlive.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down