The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how do you match ip's

2 posters

Go down

Solved how do you match ip's

Post by kirk October 1st 2008, 2:57 am

oh i bin at this forum stuff to long.
i cant remember how to match someones ip address to see if they are a member
or possibly band from a forum..or Waite i can see if it's a ip that's band. but not if it's someone that might be a member.

here's what happened

another words i had a guest viewing the portal.. i do not get many guest viewing anything b/c my site in reference is only for a hand full of close friends and admins/mods from other forums and not open to the public.(about 100 members)
so i was trying to see if the ip address matched any of my members?

all i could do was run/track the ip. but forget how to match it if it's someone that's a member? i could have sworn there was a way to do this??? scratch

dose anyone know/remember how to do it. i cant remember. sometimes you forget the simplest things. and depending if you have a few other places on diff host. things can be diff.

if anyone can help me remember it would be much appreciate. that's if i dont get it first. i done it a mill times b/f just had slipped my mind for this instant.. plus i dont think i had to do it on forumotion in some time? SHIIIII...??? may be we cant here? dunno.

thanks

32 days till Halloween joker

how do you match ip's 66a66a43
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: how do you match ip's

Post by kirk October 1st 2008, 4:06 pm

kirk wrote:oh i bin at this forum stuff to long.
i cant remember how to match someones ip address to see if they are a member
or possibly band from a forum..or Waite i can see if it's a ip that's band. but not if it's someone that might be a member.

here's what happened

another words i had a guest viewing the portal.. i do not get many guest viewing anything b/c my site in reference is only for a hand full of close friends and admins/mods from other forums and not open to the public.(about 100 members)
so i was trying to see if the ip address matched any of my members?

all i could do was run/track the ip. but forget how to match it if it's someone that's a member? i could have sworn there was a way to do this??? scratch

dose anyone know/remember how to do it. i cant remember. sometimes you forget the simplest things. and depending if you have a few other places on diff host. things can be diff.

if anyone can help me remember it would be much appreciate. that's if i dont get it first. i done it a mill times b/f just had slipped my mind for this instant.. plus i dont think i had to do it on forumotion in some time? SHIIIII...??? may be we cant here? dunno.

thanks

32 days till Halloween joker

how do you match ip's 66a66a43

OK never mind. you cant do it on forumotion unless i were to go through every members and see what and ware there ip's are. like it will show you every and any ip a members has ever used. but you can not natch it up like i was asking..

no biggie though i ended up doing it on another forum of mine. and it was indeed one of my members.it just through me off when i seen a guest on. it was nothing more them him on the portal reading and did not log in yet.. hahaha silly me.

anyway problem solved. if an admin or mod would like to just delete this instead of keeping it here. that's cool with me..
thanks.. and sorry for the mishap folks salut

groar 31 days till Halloween groar
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: how do you match ip's

Post by Nessa October 1st 2008, 6:12 pm

Since this problem appears to be resolved, I will lock this thread now.

=> Locked

Nessa
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down