The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trying to save an html page that i edited a word on

Go down

trying to save an html page that i edited a word on Empty trying to save an html page that i edited a word on

Post by RCMZ October 4th 2008, 10:05 am

and i get this, its on every page i just open than hit save.

trying to save an html page that i edited a word on Untitl10

could someone with a html page they made, open it and basically add something than save and see if u get the same error?

edit: it appears to be a bug, hopefully it will be fixed later. i tried it on another forum's as a test and same thing. if no one else is having the problem, than it has something to do with my browser (safari) which worked on the first page i saved tonight, than after that it didnt.
RCMZ
Forumember

Language : English

http://mytestforum.activebb.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

trying to save an html page that i edited a word on Empty Re: trying to save an html page that i edited a word on

Post by RCMZ October 4th 2008, 6:48 pm

?????????
still same problem.
must be another "great" update coming, since its screwing everything up again Rolling Eyes
RCMZ
Forumember

Back to top Go down

trying to save an html page that i edited a word on Empty Re: trying to save an html page that i edited a word on

Post by Guest October 4th 2008, 8:41 pm

Just out of curiosity, What was the html code used and what was thr word removed?

It may be that you have accidentally taken something else out with the deletion of the word.

Try adding the older code and see if that appears, If it does edit the code on notepad then try adding the code again

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by RCMZ October 4th 2008, 9:36 pm

Placehold wrote:Just out of curiosity, What was the html code used and what was thr word removed?

It may be that you have accidentally taken something else out with the deletion of the word.

Try adding the older code and see if that appears, If it does edit the code on notepad then try adding the code again

Regards

Craig

i tried with no coding, just letters, tried on a new forum, and it didnt work, but now does. im trying the coding again, which worked last night for the first 2 i edited just fine, and im editing the same thing on a couple more and now not working. so i wouldnt think the coding was wrong. when i preview its all there, with my edit and looks just fine like the others. its just the submit, its either rejecting something that it wasnt at t he time of the first 2 i edited last night and saved, or im not sure.

edit:
i happen to get one of the pages to finally save, which i didnt change nothing at all, just re pasted a section which was the same.

i am having a problem saving 1 more page, which i found thats in one of my drop downs, which if i use that code on one of my working current pages, it works fine, just not on that page. if i add a letter (which their blank now) in that section, it wont save, if i leave it blank it saves.

its got me confused right now,lol

edit again:

i added the same things i had there before and i have 4 descriptions which drop down when selected. i add each description to what i had before and found that the first one of the four was giving the error. I than reworded what i had there and it saved just fine. As i said, that section and area there was never changed or messed with. not sure why it was acting weird.
RCMZ
Forumember

Back to top Go down