The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ho do I make maintenance mode longer than 24 hours?

5 posters

Go down

Ho do I make maintenance mode longer than 24 hours? Empty Ho do I make maintenance mode longer than 24 hours?

Post by Mrs S October 4th 2008, 7:10 pm

Hi Hello

I hope you can help.

I'm doing a forum for a friend, I'm waiting on some information and need to leave the site in maintenance mode indefinitely but I have noticed the maintenance mode only lasts 24 hours. Is there anyway I can change this?

Thanks
Mrs S
Mrs S

Female Posts : 17
Language : English

http://the-phantom-foxes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ho do I make maintenance mode longer than 24 hours? Empty Re: Ho do I make maintenance mode longer than 24 hours?

Post by magic_cupid October 4th 2008, 8:46 pm

you can do it by
go to admin panal > display > homepage > Generalities > general > period in hour

hope that can help you sist Wink
magic_cupid
magic_cupid
Forumember

Male Posts : 179
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Ho do I make maintenance mode longer than 24 hours? Empty Re: Ho do I make maintenance mode longer than 24 hours?

Post by Mrs S October 5th 2008, 2:33 am

Thank you for answering. I have followed your directions that take me too the following:

Display list of connected members during last 24 hours Yes No

period in hours

I've tried to leave the box next to period in hours blank, but after saving I find that the number 2 has appeared. I've tried to put a zero in to replace the 2 but after saving the zero has gone and the number 2 is back. Do I need to tick NO instead of YES? Or is there something else I need to do?
Mrs S
Mrs S

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 5th 2008, 5:33 am

magic_cupid wrote:you can do it by
go to admin panal > display > homepage > Generalities > general > period in hour

hope that can help you sist Wink

This for how long members been on the forum

You cant make then forum down for 48 hours unless you do this
configuration>> Forum in construction>> customize

There isnt a option with this
But you can suggest this in the suggestion Section
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs S October 5th 2008, 11:42 am

Thank you, but isn't the customize bit only for the message? Instead of having the standard the administrator of this forum is processing a maintenance etc, you can customize it to give contact details such as a persons name and email address?

Never mind it looks like I'll have to keep logging in every day and putting it in maintenance mode myself. Thank you both for all your help.
Mrs S
Mrs S

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 5th 2008, 11:51 am

You could always put the forum into "forum on holiday" mode, it will typically last well, forever i suppose untill the someone takes it out of holiday mode, that what i do when i need to put the forum down for over 24hrs
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs S October 5th 2008, 11:58 am

Thanks darren1 I've already tried that but I wanted the forum to be private whilst I was working on it, forum on holiday doesn't keep it private like maintenance mode does. Thanks for your help though.
Mrs S
Mrs S

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 6th 2008, 6:04 am

You can do both if you choose to, however it will only be private for 24hrs i think..not to sure as i havent had to do it recentally
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by nicole_nicole April 26th 2009, 9:18 am

Nice Very Happy
nicole_nicole
Forumember

Language : english

http://www.hotsociety.forumt.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 April 26th 2009, 9:57 am

nicole_nicole wrote:Nice Very Happy

Wha? Whats that supposed to mean?...
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario April 26th 2009, 5:47 pm

nicole_nicole wrote:Nice Very Happy

Please dont use one word post as it is spam and if you continue warnings will be given.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down