The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.bbtheme creation

Go down

.bbtheme creation Empty .bbtheme creation

Post by GeoX February 26th 2007, 05:44

Hello,

it's a bit hard to change all colors, buttons, and icons in the forum to make a new theme...how can i create a .bbtheme file?!..how can i compress a theme folder to be a bbtheme file?!
GeoX

Back to top Go down

.bbtheme creation Empty Re: .bbtheme creation

Post by Cornelia February 26th 2007, 07:04

Hello.

The only way to create a .bbtheme file is to install the theme (colors and buttons) and use the Export feature in the styles management.

The skin creators don't use much the export/import system because the pictures are hosted in their Web space or image host when they test their own skin, and when we use the export/import feature, this memorize the pics' URL, so if they spread whole skins in .bbthemes, there is more and more hotlinking on their Web host.

To explain more :
Personally, I am a skin creator and I host my pics on my photobucket account and my monthly bandwidth is limited to 10 GB and I don't want to have my account suspended for bandwidth exceed, and If I spread pics bbthemes, these pics will stay hosted on my photobucket account... So I export colors only.
I use the full theme export only if I test a skin which will be destined for a specific board (that's what I did for this support forum's skin).
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

.bbtheme creation Empty Re: .bbtheme creation

Post by GeoX February 26th 2007, 07:14

thx for relying..ok..then i have to assign a pic and a color for every button and icon Sad(((( , it's a desaser Very Happy .. okay thx for responsing Very Happy
GeoX

Back to top Go down