The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Clear Referencing : metatags fields

4 posters

Go down

Can't Clear Referencing : metatags fields Empty Can't Clear Referencing : metatags fields

Post by jbowyer October 7th 2008, 10:19 am

In the Administration Panel, under Display / Homepage / Generalities, I am trying to clear the fields “Site Description” and “Keywords for your site” in the area labeled “Referencing : metatags”:

Can't Clear Referencing : metatags fields Refere10

However, after I clear the fields and click on the “Save” button, the contents reappear in the fields.

How do I clear these fields? (I do not want my forum referenced by any search engines initially.)

Thanks for your assistance.
jbowyer

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can't Clear Referencing : metatags fields Empty Re: Can't Clear Referencing : metatags fields

Post by Kagome October 7th 2008, 6:29 pm

That's not what you can remove, is for the yearbook of the forums and search engines, I am sorry but it is not possible.

But pueddes try removing the option "Participating in the yearbook of the forums" and then delete the changes and "register"
Kagome
Kagome
Forumember

Male Posts : 96
Language : Spanish | English | Portuguese | French.

Back to top Go down

Can't Clear Referencing : metatags fields Empty Re: Can't Clear Referencing : metatags fields

Post by Guest October 7th 2008, 8:00 pm

You could use "Alt Tags" !

Alt tags are just codes using the alt button as a trigger which form graphics and symbols found in the keyboards character map

Try

1. Clearing the content from the selected fields

2. Press and hold "ALT"

3. Press the numbers on the numbers pad "255"

4. Then press "Save"

This will generate a blank space and the field will detect a symbols or text and will accept it effectively being blank

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 October 8th 2008, 5:45 pm

Nice solution, Craig. Wink However, if you really want to stop crawler bots (that gather the information for search engines) from indexing your forum, you would have to do the following:

-> Go to "General / Configuration"
-> Place the code below into your "site description". This should keep the most crawler bots away:
Code:
<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow">
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 8th 2008, 7:32 pm

Mine was a quick fix lol

I like yours better though hahahaha thumright

regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Can't Clear Referencing : metatags fields Empty Clearing MetaTags

Post by voyager April 10th 2009, 3:48 pm

Mine appers like this:

Can't Clear Referencing : metatags fields Metata10

How can i change this ?

Thanks