The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiding the WIO and Forum Stat from guests

4 posters

Go down

Hiding the WIO and Forum Stat from guests Empty Hiding the WIO and Forum Stat from guests

Post by dencey October 9th 2008, 6:33 am

how can i make the "who is online" and "forum statistics" not visible to guests or unregistered members?
dencey
dencey
Forumember

Female Posts : 117
Language : english

http://sujusahoe.com

Back to top Go down

Hiding the WIO and Forum Stat from guests Empty Re: Hiding the WIO and Forum Stat from guests

Post by Carryn October 9th 2008, 7:35 pm

you can change who see stats. in
Users and groups>
Special rights>at the bottom of the box that says RIGHTS
you can change it to members

I believe, viewing Who's online can be changed in Display>Heirarchy and navagation.
Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Language : none.

Back to top Go down

Hiding the WIO and Forum Stat from guests Empty Re: Hiding the WIO and Forum Stat from guests

Post by dencey October 10th 2008, 7:29 pm

no that didn't help..

i already set the special rights for viewing the forum stats to the mods.. but still i can see that lil box below whenever i view the forum without loggung in..

in the hierarchy and navigation, when i disable it, i can no longer see that box even if i logged in..

umm.. does anyone know a script code for this?
dencey
dencey
Forumember

Female Posts : 117

http://sujusahoe.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Carryn October 11th 2008, 1:49 am

hmm. maybe you are using a diff. version than me.
what version did you say you are using? i don't think you specified.
i am using phpbb3...

also you can change who can view stats. in MISC.>forum stats.

I ONLY see the stasts. link without being logged in when i chose 'registered members' and then when it is clicked it sends you to the log in page. when i chose Admin, Mod, or anon..there is NO link on the front page.

I hope you can work it out.
Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Language : none.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Lafalot October 11th 2008, 6:29 pm

I've been trying to figure this out too. It's easy to hide the Statistics from Guests, but I can't see any way to hide the Who's Online box from Guests. Using phpbb2, the only options to 'View Online Information Box on Index' under Display > Structure & Hierarchy are 1) Always, 2) On root index only & 3) Never. Am I looking in the wrong place? I don't want guests to know who is online.
Lady Lafalot
Lady Lafalot
Forumember

Female Posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Lafalot October 16th 2008, 2:56 pm

Anyone?
Lady Lafalot
Lady Lafalot
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Lafalot October 18th 2008, 7:27 am

Alrighty then...won't be checking back here again for an answer. Maybe I should've started a brand new thread, but I thought that was against the rules.

Moving on..........
Lady Lafalot
Lady Lafalot
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Lafalot October 18th 2008, 11:39 pm

Just in case anyone else searches and finds this topic, know that if you allow your Guests to see ANY message forum, then they see the Home Page...which means they see the Who's Online info if you have it set to 'Index Only.'

Figured this out by fiddling around with the settings today. Now...I'm really moving on...really, REALLY!

SWOOSH...................
Lady Lafalot
Lady Lafalot
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon October 19th 2008, 12:45 am

cannot hide who is online. no matter what
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361
Language : English

Back to top Go down