The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

creating polls

2 posters

Go down

Solved creating polls

Post by renstar6 October 10th 2008, 12:18 am

Hi...
I have been trying to create a poll for my forum for a few days... i have also searched this forum for the answer but unfortunately i have come to the conclusion that there must be something missing on my site.
modules > forum widget management > drop and drag Polls onto the right side of the screen > then press the Poll modify icon > general options of the widget screen pops up, though under this heading there are no options. it just says 'board of Polls' with a drop down box to the right with nothing in the drop down.
Please help as I think this page should be giving me options to choose different Poll templates? or at least something.
Thank you
Renstar

Last edited by Nessa on October 12th 2008, 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit To Mark Topic Solved)
renstar6

Language : circle6

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: creating polls

Post by Guest October 10th 2008, 12:19 am

You need to create a poll in a thread first, then it will appear in the list of polls. Select the poll you want displayed in the widget then click on the save button.

Back to top Go down

Post by renstar6 October 10th 2008, 12:02 pm

Sorry what do you mean? create a poll in a thread? coffee hasn't kicked in Shocked
renstar6

Back to top Go down

Post by renstar6 October 11th 2008, 4:51 am

hello?
renstar6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 11th 2008, 1:58 pm

Sorry for the delay. When you create a topic, scroll down past the send button and you should see a poll creation section. Create a poll and post the topic. Now go to your Admin Panel and navigate to your forum widgets. Click the settings button and select the poll from the list and save.

Back to top Go down

Post by renstar6 October 12th 2008, 12:50 am

Thanks for your help! I have done it! didn't notice the poll stuff at the bottom of the screen.
Thank you!
Renee
renstar6

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa October 12th 2008, 3:56 am

Since this problem appears to be resolved, I will lock this thread now.

=> Locked

Nessa
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down