The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forum doesnt support opera mini browser ( for mobile phone user )

4 posters

Go down

forum doesnt support opera mini browser ( for mobile phone user ) Empty forum doesnt support opera mini browser ( for mobile phone user )

Post by cute_devil October 15th 2008, 11:27

Dear technicians,

I have posted this topic couple of times earlier but never got any response.

My forum used to support opera mini browser but since i switched on to phbb 3 and changed my theme It appears not to be working in opera mini browser. But most of my users browse the forum through cell phone.

forum is displayed to the mobile phone users while they use opera mini browser but the problem is they cant post anything. because post reply text box doesnt show to them.

so what can i do to fix this inconvenience? i think I need a tech who can sort out this problem. Please focus on my problem this time and help me because i am losing my users, it could result me to terminate the forum.

best regards,
cute_devil
Forumember

Male Posts : 157
Language : english

Back to top Go down

forum doesnt support opera mini browser ( for mobile phone user ) Empty Re: forum doesnt support opera mini browser ( for mobile phone user )

Post by Punkarella October 15th 2008, 14:29

It's not just via a phone browser, I have found that anyone trying to view a phpbb3 forum with Safari or Opera has issues and the site does not work as it would with IE or FF
Punkarella
Punkarella
Forumember

Female Posts : 334
Language : English

http://www.funkyfriendsonline.ace.st

Back to top Go down

forum doesnt support opera mini browser ( for mobile phone user ) Empty Re: forum doesnt support opera mini browser ( for mobile phone user )

Post by cute_devil October 15th 2008, 15:59

but I've found some phbb 3 forums work with phone browser. their host is different though.

so isnt there any way out to get rid of it? Any solution??
cute_devil
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Punkarella October 15th 2008, 23:44

Not that I'm aware of. I just tell my members that my forum and Opera and Safari are not friends, and try using IE or FF
Punkarella
Punkarella
Forumember

Female Posts : 334

http://www.funkyfriendsonline.ace.st

Back to top Go down

Post by cute_devil October 16th 2008, 03:00

how could they use IE or FF on their mobile phone?

I got most members in my forum getting connected through mobile phone. so what would they do? I cant lose them, so what would I do to fix this problem?

earlier the forum used to work fantastic with mobile browser. now if I even switch back to previous version, it doesnt help.

why staffs dont reply me? guys please reply me, it appears to be a big problem for me, i got to fix it any how. or else I gotta give up. I have to terminate my forum.
cute_devil
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by gothster April 1st 2009, 13:48

cute_devil wrote:Dear technicians,

I have posted this topic couple of times earlier but never got any response.

My forum used to support opera mini browser but since i switched on to phbb 3 and changed my theme It appears not to be working in opera mini browser. But most of my users browse the forum through cell phone.

forum is displayed to the mobile phone users while they use opera mini browser but the problem is they cant post anything. because post reply text box doesnt show to them.

so what can i do to fix this inconvenience? i think I need a tech who can sort out this problem. Please focus on my problem this time and help me because i am losing my users, it could result me to terminate the forum.

best regards,

I Have same problem too Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
gothster

Male Posts : 13

http://mig33goths.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by abohrandy April 21st 2009, 09:54

This forum of forums is in version 3 n it has the text box. Nt fair, ain't it?
abohrandy

Back to top Go down