The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get rid of google ads

+10
runawayhorses
Brad38
efbe
Brandon
krmosaic
MAHAM
swansong
Adiex
Hayley
justmecookin
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How to get rid of google ads Empty How to get rid of google ads

Post by justmecookin October 20th 2008, 1:44 pm

All of a sudden I have google ads on the login...How do I get rid of them?
justmecookin
justmecookin
Forumember

Language : English

http://justmecookin.foromotion.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

How to get rid of google ads Empty Re: How to get rid of google ads

Post by Hayley October 20th 2008, 2:05 pm

Yes me too, I would also like to know why they have just suddenly appearred and how I get them off..?
Hayley
Forumember

Female Posts : 220
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex October 20th 2008, 2:12 pm

i found this old post about cleaning ads, but its outdated. so i can tell if it still working or not because so much improvement made since then. but its always worth to try it out Smile

g7acu wrote:Since my request for advice earlier, I've discovered a work-round that fixes the ad problem, but only if the usual settings don't help. It's been tried by many users and has worked for all of them.

First, make sure the basic settings been made as follows:

1. Access the Admin panel, then select General tab>Configuration>Configuration and scroll to "Allow Banner Ads" How to get rid of google ads Ad_vie11
  2. Set the option's as shown to 'No', then save your settings.

This is the standard setting if you want ads disabled. If this doesn't fix your problem, continue with the following:

1. Go to the Admin homepage, scroll to the bottom of the main screen and click "Old Version" to select the original admin panel - your panel will temporarily change.
  2. In the left navigation column, find the General tab and select "Credits Management". (If there's no list under General, click the small + sign to expand the list).
  3. Locate "Current Situation" that relates to banner ads and click the 'No' option, then "Validate".How to get rid of google ads Credit12
  4. At the top of the left navigation column, click the 'Forum Index' link to return to your forum. Your usual newer style admin panel will reset when you next visit Admin.

• Note: You must sign in with the original founders/admin login to view Credit Management - a moderator login won't see these features.
  • You can access "Credit Management" in the normal Admin panel, however it was discovered that the change had to be made in the "Old Version" to work fully.

Credit to Badger for this work-round - a thread relating to this can be found here.
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Post by justmecookin October 20th 2008, 2:19 pm

Adiex wrote:i found this old post about cleaning ads, but its outdated. so i can tell if it still working or not because so much improvement made since then. but its always worth to try it out Smile

g7acu wrote:Since my request for advice earlier, I've discovered a work-round that fixes the ad problem, but only if the usual settings don't help. It's been tried by many users and has worked for all of them.

1. Access the Admin panel, then select General tab>Configuration>Configuration and scroll to "Allow Banner Ads" How to get rid of google ads Ad_vie11

This is the standard setting if you want ads disabled. If this doesn't fix your problem, continue with the following:

1. Go to the Admin homepage, scroll to the bottom of the main screen and click "Old Version" to select the original admin panel - your panel will temporarily change.
  2. In the left navigation column, find the General tab and select "Credits Management". (If there's no list under General, click the small + sign to expand the list).
  3. Locate "Current Situation" that relates to banner ads and click the 'No' option, then "Validate".How to get rid of google ads Credit12
  4. At the top of the left navigation column, click the 'Forum Index' link to return to your forum. Your usual newer style admin panel will reset when you next visit Admin.

• Note: You must sign in with the original founders/admin login to view Credit Management - a moderator login won't see these features.
  • You can access "Credit Management" in the normal Admin panel, however it was discovered that the change had to be made in the "Old Version" to work fully.

Credit to Badger for this work-round - a thread relating to this can be found here.

I have gone through every section to disable these ads...mine is an english site and signed up because it stated no ads...I have the ads section marked no ads...went into the misc and also put no ads...ads are til there
justmecookin
justmecookin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex October 20th 2008, 2:23 pm

i mean you need to disable that ads using old version of admin panel. surely you can not disable it with modern ACP.

sorry i cant set example for you there because my forum not affected with this ads now.
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by swansong October 20th 2008, 2:25 pm

i have this too.. but its only visible to guests..

i tried to configure the ads setting.. but it just wont work..

anyway the only way to remove this is to buy credits and choose to disable the ads... Neutral

mine is gone now... its really an eye sore... Mad
swansong
swansong

Female Posts : 20

http://diypinoyhcpunk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex October 20th 2008, 2:27 pm

then i guess they finally activated the ads for forumotion. Rolling Eyes
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley October 20th 2008, 2:34 pm

Thanks Adiex!!!
Wow, you are a star! That was the first time ever, that I have come here with a problem, been helped fast, and had the problem sorted out within a week!
I think I love you!
Hayley
Hayley
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by justmecookin October 20th 2008, 2:36 pm

Adiex wrote:i found this old post about cleaning ads, but its outdated. so i can tell if it still working or not because so much improvement made since then. but its always worth to try it out Smile

Wooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooo it worked...thank you thank you
justmecookin
justmecookin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by justmecookin October 20th 2008, 2:37 pm

Hayley wrote:Thanks Adiex!!!
Wow, you are a star! That was the first time ever, that I have come here with a problem, been helped fast, and had the problem sorted out within a week!
I think I love you!
Hayley

He is a star...neeed to make him a cake for that....
justmecookin
justmecookin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley October 20th 2008, 2:43 pm

justmecookin wrote:

He is a star...neeed to make him a cake for that....

LOL, I am just popping it in the oven right now.. anyone bringing some coffee?
Hayley
Hayley
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex October 20th 2008, 2:54 pm

eh, that realyl working. i even doubt it.. btw thanks to g7acu becuase he the one find out this solution lmao.
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MAHAM October 20th 2008, 9:59 pm

swansong wrote:i have this too.. but its only visible to guests..

i tried to configure the ads setting.. but it just wont work..

anyway the only way to remove this is to buy credits and choose to disable the ads... Neutral

mine is gone now... its really an eye sore... Mad

Im having the exact same problem. Guests can see them, users cannot.

I payed for my domain name, and I dont know why ads are coming up now. I have an adsense account and if i wanted ads up, i would put them up. But I dont. Evil or Very Mad
MAHAM
MAHAM

Male Posts : 22

http://coltsuniverse.forumotion.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by krmosaic October 20th 2008, 10:07 pm

I am having the same thing. I never had the ads before and suddenly they are there. I really want them gone. They disappear when I log on, so I am guessing, like you said, only guests see them, but my members see them before they log on. Also my site is a forum for people recovering from sexual abuse, and the ads are one that I would definitely not want!!!

Krmosaic
krmosaic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by krmosaic October 20th 2008, 10:15 pm

I tried all that was told here, and I still have the ads. I am seriously going to have to consider moving my entire forum to another provider if I can't get the ads off. Like I said, ,my site is a support group for people who have been sexually abused, and the ads are for Sexual Abuse Attorneys, or say Molestation in bold print. This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Krmosaic
Go see for yourself!
http://www.hiddenshadowssupport.net
krmosaic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 20th 2008, 10:38 pm

you have to buy credit to remove them Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by krmosaic October 20th 2008, 10:58 pm

I have 1000 credits. Still, not working.
krmosaic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by krmosaic October 20th 2008, 11:01 pm

It says in my admin panel that I have ads disabled. Then what's that part where is says:

All Members and Anon. Guest???
Mine keeps having a dot filled in by guest no matter what I select.
krmosaic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by krmosaic October 20th 2008, 11:13 pm

Got it! It's fixed. Finally. This was so confusing because in the admin section it said I had ads disabled, but when I went to the spend credits section, it said I did not. That's where the problem was. I think it would help to get and email or something to alert you when your stuff is running out, like your ads disable. I hope I get an alert when my domain name needs to be renewed. Now that would really suck to have that just fly out the window.

Krmosaic
krmosaic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 20th 2008, 11:15 pm

Misc---> Spend credits---> Ads then click 6 months under Members and anonymous

easy:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon October 21st 2008, 12:39 am

the old admin panel trick didn't work for me. the option isn't even there...
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by efbe October 21st 2008, 1:42 am

Brandon wrote:the old admin panel trick didn't work for me. the option isn't even there...
It looks like it's been removed.
efbe
efbe
Forumember

Male Posts : 455

http://www.chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 October 21st 2008, 2:59 am

spook wrote:Misc---> Spend credits---> Ads then click 6 months under Members and anonymous

easy:)

Hi Spook,

I spent 300 credits and did what you suggested, but the ads are still showing up on my forum when you are signed in as a guest. Sad

Any suggestions, anybody?
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses October 21st 2008, 4:15 am

Brad38 wrote:Any suggestions, anybody?
Yes its really quite simple, you have to choose the "Members and anonymous :" option when you pay to have the ads removed, You need to choose the additional time during which ads will be disabled for your members and your guests.

If you choose the other one just for members it won't remove the ads at login becuase technically you are still a guest and/or "anonymous" until you are signed in.
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by MAHAM October 21st 2008, 4:51 am

Why didnt I have adds before? I never had them before i purchased a domain from here.

It woulda been nice to know that you guys spam adds that you have to pay to remove. If I woulda seen that with my free adress I never woulda purchased the domain. :/
MAHAM
MAHAM

Male Posts : 22

http://coltsuniverse.forumotion.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

How to get rid of google ads Empty Ads Are Back

Post by justmecookin October 21st 2008, 7:15 am

My ads are back and they went in and removed the option when you click on old version as stated by a member above..

Ads generate money for them...I am all for someone getting a few pennies to rub together...but I signed up because it stated ad free....and once we have set our sites up we are to pay to have the ads removed....its tactics like this that make people lose trust in people...I am very disappointed ...
justmecookin
justmecookin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by justmecookin October 21st 2008, 7:23 am

Brandon wrote:the old admin panel trick didn't work for me. the option isn't even there...

Oh it worked until they came in and read we could go into old version and remove the ads...they went in and removed that option...I signed up because it stated ad free...with the google ads they make money...which is fine...but it clearly stated ad free...once set up they now have changed their mind...ads are inappropriate for my site due to their content...I do not want children or my own grandchildren signing on and reading an advert on sexual abuse...I about flipped seeing this...My site is for cooking...this is wrong
justmecookin
justmecookin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley October 21st 2008, 2:37 pm

justmecookin wrote:

Oh it worked until they came in and read we could go into old version and remove the ads...they went in and removed that option...I signed up because it stated ad free...with the google ads they make money...which is fine...but it clearly stated ad free...

OMG, I cannot beleive this!! Mods and Admin, could you please come in here and let us know what the hell is going on?? I thought it was too good to be true that I fixed it, and now its broke again!
So much for paying for ad free space and our own domain!!! I am feeling a little conned.
Hayley
Hayley
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley October 21st 2008, 2:46 pm

justmecookin wrote:My ads are back and they went in and removed the option when you click on old version as stated by a member above..

Ads generate money for them...I am all for someone getting a few pennies to rub together...but I signed up because it stated ad free....and once we have set our sites up we are to pay to have the ads removed....its tactics like this that make people lose trust in people...I am very disappointed ...

Me too, I do agree. So much for a 'free' and 'ad free' forum, I have been coughing up dough ever since I opened my forum! LOL. And they have the audacity to try to sell hats and shirts!! Ha!! Arent they making enough money out of us??
Hayley
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sooz October 21st 2008, 2:54 pm

justmecookin wrote:

Oh it worked until they came in and read we could go into old version and remove the ads...they went in and removed that option...I signed up because it stated ad free...with the google ads they make money...which is fine...but it clearly stated ad free...once set up they now have changed their mind...ads are inappropriate for my site due to their content...I do not want children or my own grandchildren signing on and reading an advert on sexual abuse...I about flipped seeing this...My site is for cooking...this is wrong

My site is one for pet rabbit owners and rescuers....guess what adverts I have coming up Shocked
Some of my members are just 14!
Sooz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next