The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navbar Log In button

Go down

Navbar Log In button Empty Navbar Log In button

Post by Bloodhammer November 4th 2008, 21:06

Hi,

I don't want to be members redirected from the mainpage (portal) to the forum when they log in. But it's not possible to edit anything but the picture default buttons.
I had the idea of creating a new button which redirects to the potal. But i can't create one since for the Log In button are a secondary picture, secondary text and secondary redirection url needed and i can't find how to create such a button.

So is it possible to edit default buttons or to make one with that secondary stuff? Or is there any other way to stop the redirecting to the forum after log in.

Thx in advance
Bloodhammer

Language : German

Back to top Go down

Navbar Log In button Empty Re: Navbar Log In button

Post by Guest November 4th 2008, 21:37

So basically you want people to Go to the portal, Log in and be sent back to the portal after logging in?

There isn't a way to do it just the once as we dont have access to the main HTML

You can use a Meta tag however it would constantly redirect users back to the portal

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodhammer November 4th 2008, 21:51

Placehold wrote:So basically you want people to Go to the portal, Log in and be sent back to the portal after logging in?

There isn't a way to do it just the once as we dont have access to the main HTML

You can use a Meta tag however it would constantly redirect users back to the portal

Regards

Craig

Thx for your reply

Yes that's exactly what i want. But if it's not possible i guess i have to deal with it.
What exactly do you mean with "constantly"?
Bloodhammer

Language : German

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 4th 2008, 21:59

Well you can use a meta tag that automatically refreshes the page then redirects you to a new page however it will do this every time you go to the main forum

What you would be looking for is the user to be redirected the first time back to the portal after logging in

The code would be

Code:
<meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;URL=yourpage.com">

Place this in

Admin panel\Display\Generalities\Homepage Message

Again at the moment it is not possible to redirect the user the just the once back to the portal

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down