The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limit posts??

3 posters

Go down

Limit posts?? Empty Limit posts??

Post by Purplespain November 6th 2008, 4:02 am

Is there a way to limit the number of posts, and/or the amount of words per post for either all members or select members???
Purplespain
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Limit posts?? Empty Re: Limit posts??

Post by Tricky14 November 6th 2008, 4:58 am

As far as words, I do not believe so.

The only limit (that I can think of right off hand) is where you can set how long a user must wait before posting again.

Admin CP > General > Messages and Emails > Message edition duration limit for a member

Every member, not included admins (maybe other groups also), will have this limit upon them.
Tricky14
Tricky14
Forumember

Male Posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Punkarella November 6th 2008, 5:08 am

Tricky14 wrote:As far as words, I do not believe so.

The only limit (that I can think of right off hand) is where you can set how long a user must wait before posting again.

Admin CP > General > Messages and Emails > Message edition duration limit for a member

Every member, not included admins (maybe other groups also), will have this limit upon them.

i believe what you have just described is actually to do with allowing members to edit their posts.
I had this option on and i had it set to 2 mins.... after 2 mins, the writer of the post could not edit their post after 2 mins.
Punkarella
Punkarella
Forumember

Female Posts : 334

http://www.funkyfriendsonline.ace.st

Back to top Go down

Post by Tricky14 November 6th 2008, 2:41 pm

Oh, I am not certain on that, I do not have it enabled on my forum. It does limit the posts though.

That may just be a bad side-effect of it.
Tricky14
Tricky14
Forumember

Male Posts : 40

Back to top Go down