The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IPB -discussion, bug and all!

+6
zinex
Doctor Inferno
Cherry Blossom
Shadow
Jalokim
RikaComet
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

IPB -discussion, bug and all! - Page 3 Empty IPB -discussion, bug and all!

Post by RikaComet November 6th 2008, 15:30

First topic message reminder :

well here's what i have to ask- Is his IPB free version or forumotion has paid large sum for commercial license?

the the bug- I noticed it inthe header ,if you set the header logo to be shown at center
the forum description goes to a wrong position,

then customisation-- hmm is a bit new so i need to evaluate it for a while before saying anything
RikaComet
RikaComet
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1536
Language : English , Hindi , Arabic , Urdu, Japenese , Punjabi , German

Back to top Go down

IPB -discussion, bug and all! - Page 3 Empty Re: IPB -discussion, bug and all!

Post by Guest November 7th 2008, 22:14

Kilsek wrote:
Jalokim wrote:can we lock this thread?

There you go wanting to silence the users.

That is getting real typical of FM
Yes by all means lock the thread after and only after we have got some answers.
Yes we the users are angry, we were promised ground breaking updates and what do we get ? silly not needed things as usual and a skin thats meant to be invision power board.
Try fixing the current issues before adding more useless things and you may start getting the respect you think you deserve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim November 7th 2008, 22:16

we are ... sorry ... I am not silencing anybody ...
we have recorded all the bugs and they are on high priority in the staff room... Typlo knows it and has informed the staff in france... by now...

All I'm saying is that this is getting boring... I mean come on?
Don't misunderstand me ... I know what you are feeling and I'd be pissed as a D&D fan waiting for a tracker for my collection. ... but you have flood the GD (and not only you) with issues we have already heard.

the techies will bring a user suggestion straight from the forum, in the next update ... if this doesn't happen I will take your side on a full propaganda against the techies ! Mark my words !! I will do it.

but for now can we cool it? why do you have to be so defensive when i'm looking for a compromise? I am trying to cool the situation, to get everything to its normal pace.
Will you help me do this or hopelessly continue crying?
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim November 7th 2008, 22:18

@ couldbe ... if you are prepared to ask these questions in a mannered and neutral way, I can now try to answer them.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 7th 2008, 22:20

zinex wrote:they are doing their job, just not good enough in your opinion. In my own opinion they most certainly are, i have doing coding with forums, my own forum is a paid one, that i added most things to myself and it takes time to implement new features without messing up current ones. Forumotion is heavily modified, i am sure in time there will be more updates focused at what members want/user updates. Do you really want to pressurise the tech team into rushing out modifcations that may then result in yet more bugs and glitchs?

I know from experience also that sometimes its only when something is implemented that you come across little glitches that need smoothed over. Every update forumotion has had there have been small glitches that have for the most been sorted out.

I have the strangest feeling though that i may as well save my fingers from typing...some of you seem hell bent on damning forumotion no matter what Smile
When I first joined forumotion it was fantastic, bug free ,stable and easy to use.
After various un-needed and nearly unwanted updates its become buggy unstable and one of the worst to use.
This is what the majority of complaints are about, the old saying if it aint broke don't fix it comes to mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 7th 2008, 22:21

Jalokim.. would you, since we have no technicians here, be so kind as to respond to my thread "Invision CSS Help Please"? And perhaps even go onto my board and figure out what the problem is? Forgive me, I'm not trying to be rude to you personally, and I agree that the same words over and over do get tiresome. But if someone were to perhaps let us know what is going on instead of spoon-feeding us like little children that can't be trusted with knowing what's going on, and if someone from the technicians room would treat us like we matter, than maybe we'd shut up for awhile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 7th 2008, 22:26

Jalokim wrote:@ couldbe ... if you are prepared to ask these questions in a mannered and neutral way, I can now try to answer them.
Dearest technicians could you please take a few minutes out of one of your hectic days to change the code in the chatbox timeout.
I will really be greatful if you could alter the 5 in a row of code to a 30 as my members are being disconnected from the chatbox on a regular occurrence.
Oh Thankyou wonderful technicians in advance as I know you will fix this minor thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex November 7th 2008, 22:31

couldbe86 wrote:
zinex wrote:they are doing their job, just not good enough in your opinion. In my own opinion they most certainly are, i have doing coding with forums, my own forum is a paid one, that i added most things to myself and it takes time to implement new features without messing up current ones. Forumotion is heavily modified, i am sure in time there will be more updates focused at what members want/user updates. Do you really want to pressurise the tech team into rushing out modifcations that may then result in yet more bugs and glitchs?

I know from experience also that sometimes its only when something is implemented that you come across little glitches that need smoothed over. Every update forumotion has had there have been small glitches that have for the most been sorted out.

I have the strangest feeling though that i may as well save my fingers from typing...some of you seem hell bent on damning forumotion no matter what Smile
When I first joined forumotion it was fantastic, bug free ,stable and easy to use.
After various un-needed and nearly unwanted updates its become buggy unstable and one of the worst to use.
This is what the majority of complaints are about, the old saying if it aint broke don't fix it comes to mind.

its always had little glitches couldbe, but i do agree it has been major ones in this year. A lot have been sorted out though, some still need work. i think what i am getting at, is that once ALL the gliches are sorted out, and hopefully with the next update being more user orientated, forumotion will be back on form with members feeling a lot happier. Its just going to take time. As myself, not as staff, i dont really believe time scales can be given, for fixing glitches or for new updates, until very near solutions or release dates. From my own experience of coding, which will be nowhere near the techs, you can think you have solved something then find that its mucking something else up and so on.

I really hate to see members that i DO respect, ending up upset over forumotion, but at the same time, i firmly believe after using many free forum providers in the past that forumotion does provide on the whole a good service, whih a lot of members are happy with, from some of the posts i have seen and helped today. It may be glitchy...but i know with my big forum before it moved, most of the members didnt care as long as they could get on and post. Its more the admin that get more distressed over it.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim November 7th 2008, 22:33

Was it that hard...
I'll add the chatbox time out matter to the staff room ...

don't worry guys... all will be good in the end... (I don't wanna hear no wise guy posts )
I know its been 2 years for some ... but I'll make the next update more influenced by the current staff, and thus influenced by you guys...

I'll torture typlo with the staff... we'll make an update you'll be happy about.
but if it turns out that the techies add one suggestion and fix the current bugs, how do I know you guys won't attack again complaing about other suggestions?

no nevermind. I say we can close the matter here.
I promise you all ... these bugs have been reported, the techies are (or should be) working on it as we speak!
We hope that the next update will be more bug free ... I'll try and get the staff to actually be part of the beta testing... maybe that will help.

So ... last question?
can we hold a truse here and now?

oh and Kyouri think you installed IPB incorrectly... thats why you have problems
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 7th 2008, 22:41

Jalokim wrote:Was it that hard...
I'll add the chatbox time out matter to the staff room ...

don't worry guys... all will be good in the end... (I don't wanna hear no wise guy posts )
I know its been 2 years for some ... but I'll make the next update more influenced by the current staff, and thus influenced by you guys...

I'll torture typlo with the staff... we'll make an update you'll be happy about.
but if it turns out that the techies add one suggestion and fix the current bugs, how do I know you guys won't attack again complaing about other suggestions?

no nevermind. I say we can close the matter here.
I promise you all ... these bugs have been reported, the techies are (or should be) working on it as we speak!
We hope that the next update will be more bug free ... I'll try and get the staff to actually be part of the beta testing... maybe that will help.

So ... last question?
can we hold a truse here and now?

oh and Kyouri think you installed IPB incorrectly... thats why you have problems

I'm not gonna touch the previous portion of your post, as I'm sure someone else will cover it. Razz But I switched from IPB to punBB this morning, after it wouldn't let me re-edit the CSS that I spent hours modifying yesterday. No biggie.. Thanks for looking. I'm just gonna stick with punBB for now... at least until the techies FIX THE BUGS! Sorry, had to throw that in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim November 7th 2008, 22:43

well offtopic ... i've had the IPB installed since it came out and I didn't find any bug... apart from the nav images and logo positioning...

other than that the IPB CSS is ideal (yeah tehre are a couple useless classes but they do nothing)... the tables are fine...maybe you made a boo boo somewhere?
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 7th 2008, 22:43

Sorry Jalokim, but your post (although maybe from the heart) looks like the same smoke that has been blown up our a **es for the last 2 years.

We shall see though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 7th 2008, 22:46

Haha... figured Kilsek would cover it (or couldbe or spook).

Jalokim wrote:well offtopic ... i've had the IPB installed since it came out and I didn't find any bug... apart from the nav images and logo positioning...

other than that the IPB CSS is ideal (yeah tehre are a couple useless classes but they do nothing)... the tables are fine...maybe you made a boo boo somewhere?

Can't say that I made a boo boo since it worked great before I went to bed last night and unless a bug crawled into my computer while I was sleeping, it's not on my end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim November 7th 2008, 22:47

Kilsek wrote:Sorry Jalokim, but your post (although maybe from the heart) looks like the same smoke that has been blown up our a **es for the last 2 years.

We shall see though
believe me kilsek... i may be just some graphics mod on this site... but administration and moderation has been in my blood for a long while... maybe its smoke and mirrors for you... but I'm different, and when something needs to be done i'll bite till its done!.

at least I cooled down the situation... right?
we shall see then ....
this is my final triple dot that I place in this thread, i've said what I wanted, and did what I needed to do, now we wait
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 7th 2008, 22:49

and wait........

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex November 7th 2008, 23:00

(blows smoke up kilseks a**...ooh eer Razz ) sorry just trying to lighten the mood, i will go now....

Last edited by zinex on November 7th 2008, 23:54; edited 1 time in total
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 7th 2008, 23:29

zinex wrote:(blows smoke up kilseks ass...ooh eer Razz ) sorry just trying to lighten the mood, i will go now....

Zinek the use of suck language is not tolerated here. Failure to comply with the rules with get you a warning next time.

Have a nice day.

Kilsek, the one the tech hate but the people love (?)

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex November 7th 2008, 23:54

Razz whatever do you mean? I knew anything i typed you would say i was blowing smoke up your a** so i just saved you the hassle! honest....
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Snorki November 8th 2008, 00:12

Not sure if this was mentioned, but the huge gap between the posts and the signatures is really annoying for the IPB.
Snorki
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 8th 2008, 14:22

Ok not sure if it has been mentioned for IPB

Profiles, Select each section one by one and watch its positioning, Then select "Information" and then "Watched Topics"

The box then jumps up onto the title bar and on IE6/7 leaves a larger gap above the title bar, I have tried to fix this using CSS however i believe the HTML needs slightly changed for watched topics and again slightly for Information

Maybe get the techs onto that guys

regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom November 9th 2008, 18:10

zinex wrote:
Cherry_Blossom_2 wrote:I am rude because staff are rude, I am ill due to the stress this site and the staff cause and forumotion are usless I have put alot of work into my forums and i want something usefull.

Sorry to hear you are ill...ever consider that the staff are just people too, and perhaps YOU might be making them ill?

I dont aim what I say at staff individuals I aim it at forumotion and its so called service, and as i have said before if staff can't hack it quit you know what you signed up to.

zinex wrote:If there is one thing i cant stand, its adults not being able to conduct themselves like one.
LMAO you and the rest of the staff should look at yourself before pointing fingers
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Female Posts : 996

http://cherrydesigns.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 9th 2008, 18:34

Cherry_Blossom_2 wrote:
zinex wrote:
Cherry_Blossom_2 wrote:I am rude because staff are rude, I am ill due to the stress this site and the staff cause and forumotion are usless I have put alot of work into my forums and i want something usefull.

Sorry to hear you are ill...ever consider that the staff are just people too, and perhaps YOU might be making them ill?

I dont aim what I say at staff individuals I aim it at forumotion and its so called service, and as i have said before if staff can't hack it quit you know what you signed up to.

zinex wrote:If there is one thing i cant stand, its adults not being able to conduct themselves like one.
LMAO you and the rest of the staff should look at yourself before pointing fingers

I agree with a lot of your comments re the conduct of forumotion staff.
Just imagine the first time user of forumotion.
He/she has started a forum for the first time so they can chat to their mates from school.
They start the forum but can't work out how to change the green thing to a red thing, usually they have no idea of the name of the "thing" they want changing.
So they come onto the support forum pluck up the courage to actually ask without appearing stupid or they are timid in the first place.
They think where do I put my question about the thingy?
Unsure they post it in the wrong section, wait patiently for an answer hoping it will be easy for them to do and you've guessed it.
Support questions should be in the correct section therefore I lock this.
The poor member having plucked up the courage to ask in the first place is devastated as they still do not know how to change the green thingy to a red one.
Perhaps a better way would be to change the green thingy to a red thingy you...........
Then a friendly reminder please post in the correct section in future.
In this case the new member has gone away content thinking the staff on here are wonderful.
Yet in the latter thinking what an arrogant load of ******** then closing their forum on here and moving to one that will let them know how to change the green thingy to red.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom November 9th 2008, 18:41

you got it in one couldbe

I think the way staff moderate is disgusting I know that I didn't join the help site for over 6 months because I didn't want to ask stupid questions and say how the staff locked everything without explaining.

It seems also that staff will only answer a topic to either moderate or look good
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 9th 2008, 19:01

Agreed! couldbe86 and Cherry hit it! I noticed that happening one thread after another last night... posts getting locked with a.. 'wrong section.. therefore I lock this'. Many of them were easy questions and would have taken a mere 30 seconds extra to answer. I would have been glad to help out, only because I knew the answer, but unfortunately, I was a minute or two too late; the thread had already been locked! Since I found myself annoyed, I left and vowed to at least try to help a newbie when I can.. as quickly as possible, since most of the threads are just being moderated for locking procedures. Don't know how many were skipped over where the person was, and for the most part has been asking for a looooong time, for a wee bit of help. I know how I felt when I first joined too, and these types of actions aren't really what keeps members. Hence why we cannot get our databases... which has nothing to do with security, and I'm tired of hearing that it does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 9th 2008, 19:13

Dont you think that since we (Staff) are being reminded to be adult about our actions that users need to have a little commen sense while posting and complaining

That when they get on to ask a question they search incase its been answered previously?

That when we have reminded people who previously and continuously post in the incorrect sections that they might post in the correct sections in future?

I have had many PM's complaining about no replies to their threads however when i check where their thread is its in the wrong sections (IE their request for support in the graphics or General Discussions sections)

We advise to make sure the section you post in is as close as possible to your issue as this seriously effects who will see them, when and how it is answered (Wrong section reply by staff)

We ask for more detailed support requests in the thread as this helps us understand what's happening and what we can do to assist, common sense people.

I cant speak on behalf of other staff members however i try my hardest to treat people the way i would like to be treated however posts such as the ones in this thread that target soo much hate towards not only a group of people but individuals, why? Because you feel a certain obligation to try and stand out a little more and try to be the cool guy who puts everyone down.

Do me a favour and show that little respect i try to show everyone here!.

For those who tag along and say things like "You showed them", Think for a minute before posting.....

Well when its all said and done, I'm not the boss of everyone, everyone can do as they please however i feel drained and a little demoralised because of the way i am personally treated on this forum by members who tell me to "Watch the **** Out" because i tried to be friendly and hate PM's because I'm trying to hold down a 40hrs a week job, A house, My long Term relationship and i cant reply to their threads straight away......

I really apologise if you expected more from not only myself but the staff.

For one of the last times

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 9th 2008, 19:16

If security is the real reason we cannot have the databases and I know it isn't.
Then the secure way is having a download only or back-up button in the acp with the ability to upload removed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 9th 2008, 19:19

Placehold wrote:Dont you think that since we (Staff) are being reminded to be adult about our actions that users need to have a little commen sense while posting and complaining

That when they get on to ask a question they search incase its been answered previously?

That when we have reminded people who previously and continuously post in the incorrect sections that they might post in the correct sections in future?

I have had many PM's complaining about no replies to their threads however when i check where their thread is its in the wrong sections (IE their request for support in the graphics or General Discussions sections)

We advise to make sure the section you post in is as close as possible to your issue as this seriously effects who will see them, when and how it is answered (Wrong section reply by staff)

We ask for more detailed support requests in the thread as this helps us understand what's happening and what we can do to assist, common sense people.

I cant speak on behalf of other staff members however i try my hardest to treat people the way i would like to be treated however posts such as the ones in this thread that target soo much hate towards not only a group of people but individuals, why? Because you feel a certain obligation to try and stand out a little more and try to be the cool guy who puts everyone down.

For those who tag along and say things like "You showed them", Think for a minute before posting.....

Well when its all said and done, I'm not the boss of everyone, everyone can do as they please however i feel drained and a little demoralised because of the way i am personally treated on this forum by members who tell me to "Watch the **** Out" because i tried to be friendly and hate PM's because I'm trying to hold down a 40hrs a week job, A house, My long Term relationship and i cant reply to their threads straight away......

Regards

Craig

Hey lighten up you're one of the good guys, its not a personal attack on the staff but an attack on the guidelines we know you have to follow.
These need to be toned down and also translated into correct English.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom November 9th 2008, 19:21

Placehold wrote:

OK as you said I'm getting personal I'm gonna get personal with you

OK the job i know u have i will give u that one, a house??? u told me you live with your parents, a long term relationship? u told me you were single lol.

If its draining you so much then why do it?
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 9th 2008, 19:24

Placehold wrote:Dont you think that since we (Staff) are being reminded to be adult about our actions that users need to have a little commen sense while posting and complaining

Regards

Craig

No offense to you, Placehold, as I personally did not follow up any of the threads last night that were, or may have been locked by you. And individual attacks??? I don't recall anyone pointing fingers at a specific person by name. And if you at all feel a sense of the anger being directed toward you, then maybe take a look at what we're talking about. We're not slamming on anyone that does their job.

And as for someone trying to 'stand out'.. please.. to alot of us members, it seems that certain staff are trying to stand out, but it's not in a helpful way, it's an unhelpful and rude manner. Some of those posts that were locked were made by first timers, not regulars. Really, would be too difficult to MOVE the thread to appropriate section.. leave a comment on how to fix the person's issue with a notice that it's being moved to the correct section for others to find and maybe receive help from? Too often, certain staffers do NOT help the members, but merely lock up a thread. Not all the staff does that, and if we get a little angry at the ones that do, then I believe we have that right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom November 9th 2008, 20:10

Kyouri wrote:

Regards

Craig

No offense to you, Placehold, as I personally did not follow up any of the threads last night that were, or may have been locked by you. And individual attacks??? I don't recall anyone pointing fingers at a specific person by name. And if you at all feel a sense of the anger being directed toward you, then maybe take a look at what we're talking about. We're not slamming on anyone that does their job.

And as for someone trying to 'stand out'.. please.. to alot of us members, it seems that certain staff are trying to stand out, but it's not in a helpful way, it's an unhelpful and rude manner. Some of those posts that were locked were made by first timers, not regulars. Really, would be too difficult to MOVE the thread to appropriate section.. leave a comment on how to fix the person's issue with a notice that it's being moved to the correct section for others to find and maybe receive help from? Too often, certain staffers do NOT help the members, but merely lock up a thread. Not all the staff does that, and if we get a little angry at the ones that do, then I believe we have that right.

Here, Here
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by hexer November 9th 2008, 20:23

I noticed that when using Invision and you click on "Top 20 today posters" or "Top 20 overall posters" , it has a "Find a user or modify list order" and a box under it...I don't think that supposed to be there...

Also when you click any of those two the header is [Froum Name] > Memberlist ....I think it should be renamed from memberlist to "Top 20 today posters" or "Top 20 overall posters" depending on what you click.
hexer
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next