The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question about forumotion moding

4 posters

Go down

question about forumotion moding Empty question about forumotion moding

Post by Darren1 November 9th 2008, 8:28 am

When we(users) accidentally double/triple post and we wish to remove one or two, we have the option to remove the post for about 1 minute than we lose the option.
Why is this? in all the other forumotion forums you (the user) are allowed to remove the post if u dont wish to have it there anymore but it you can't do that here.
Im confused to why this happens, Does anyone know why this happens?

When someone doesent know where to post a particular question, or point blankely posts it in the wrong spot why does the mod/global mod only lock it and only say you should post it in the approprate place, shouldnt they also say where the approperate place is too?
that kind of takes the point of asking for help and not receiveing it to a lower level.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

question about forumotion moding Empty Re: question about forumotion moding

Post by Guest November 9th 2008, 10:55 am

I don't know why you are only able to delete your post until one minute has passed. Before I became moderator I was able to (because now I can delete every post). I suggest talking to Typlo or Caihlem (when he returns) about it.
In the meantime, if you make an accidental post, just edit it saying so, then a mod will usually ignore it and no warnings/reminders issued.

The reason why we lock and not move it so that members don't complain that they can't find where their threads are gone. I know members can look in their profiles, but most don't realize this. It's easier for us to lock and explain that it is in the wrong place, than moving then being attacked by frustrated members.

Back to top Go down

Post by newjerseyrocks November 9th 2008, 1:46 pm

Well you can edit it to fit your likings or maybe ask a moderator to remove the pst becaus you can't. (Or an admin) I'm new here so I've never encountered that problem. Very Happy
newjerseyrocks
newjerseyrocks

Male Posts : 10
Language : English and a little french

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 November 10th 2008, 6:32 am

Scamite wrote:I don't know why you are only able to delete your post until one minute has passed. Before I became moderator I was able to (because now I can delete every post). I suggest talking to Typlo or Caihlem (when he returns) about it.
In the meantime, if you make an accidental post, just edit it saying so, then a mod will usually ignore it and no warnings/reminders issued.

The reason why we lock and not move it so that members don't complain that they can't find where their threads are gone. I know members can look in their profiles, but most don't realize this. It's easier for us to lock and explain that it is in the wrong place, than moving then being attacked by frustrated members.

ok, thanks, but when i do double post it i get told to not double post evan if i edit it saying it was an accident...

But when a topic is locked, and were told "its in the wrong part of the support forum" shouldn't we be told were it should go?
or is that just me?

Welcome newjerseyrocks, i hope you dont ever double post
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex November 10th 2008, 10:19 am

other people may be reading your post darren1, so reminding you not to double post, even accidently (not sure how it can be an accident myself) not only reminds you about the rule, but lets others know, whom may not know, that it is a rule.

I would say however that that if a topic is in the wrong section, it wouldnt hurt to direct to the correct forum. Perhaps this may have been better in the section: suggestions for the support forum Smile
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 November 11th 2008, 6:48 am

zinex wrote:other people may be reading your post darren1, so reminding you not to double post, even accidently (not sure how it can be an accident myself) not only reminds you about the rule, but lets others know, whom may not know, that it is a rule.

I would say however that that if a topic is in the wrong section, it wouldnt hurt to direct to the correct forum. Perhaps this may have been better in the section: suggestions for the support forum Smile

yes, i am aware of the rule....sometimes i forget when someone posts something and i dont see the "edit" button i just make a new post, then i see the "edit" button.

Please no members Double/Tripple post as its annoying and fustrating, and you may receive a ban warning (iv seen it happen before, it does happen)

zinex..i too think it wouldnt be too hard to direct people where to post it too...but thats just us...were different thumright (in a posative way) banana
and as much as i think it would be better off as a suggestion, i dont think that it would hit off
with fellow mods

And zinxe, i loove ur mod bar Very Happy Jolkams done a great! job...and he always has with all of us members/workers of forumotion Very good I love urs the most hockey
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles November 11th 2008, 7:02 am

I agree darren1, we should give the suggestion of where it should go. Especially in regards to a newbie, or someone who specifically says they are not sure where to post this. On the other hand, someone who has been here for a long time, I would think by now would know where it goes, or at least I would hope they would! hehehe Razz

When Caihlem is back we will be discussing these things further and this will be one that I am sure we will bring up. So thanks for the suggestion.

In regards to people who have received a ban warning or even a ban for double/triple posts, it is because they have already had 3 reminders, and then a warning. A ban comes after a certain amount of warnings, depending upon the severity of the warning placed. OR it could occur on the first time, IF it is a member who has come back under another name who has already been banned for such actions. No warnings are needed for previously banned members who come back after the ban.

I hope that might answer some of your questions a bit more. Wink
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 November 11th 2008, 7:09 am

Thanks skittles, it makes things clearer, infact crystal clea, tho zinxe make it clear...see through u made it crystal clear Wink

Yea, with me double posting it was when i was still a "noob" here....(joke context) And i havent been here for a long time...only about err...*gets calculator out and lols at self* lol 4 months(end of joke) rols at self.

Thanks skittles....I love ur pink bar...i dont know what oen i should steel colour wise!

Thanks again, you can lock this now, and thanks for saying u'll talk to cailhem when he's back...though its 5.09(when posted) tuesday the 11th here in Australia, so im surprised hes not back yet Wink Razz
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles November 11th 2008, 7:43 am

As requested by thread author, I will lock this now.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down