The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK, What is a cash mod and what does it do?

+6
Skittles
hardwork
Data2link
Brandon
LawDVHS13
zinex
10 posters

Go down

OK, What is a cash mod and what does it do? Empty OK, What is a cash mod and what does it do?

Post by Guest 10/11/2008, 20:51

Please discuss this so others that don't know will

Back to top Go down

OK, What is a cash mod and what does it do? Empty Re: OK, What is a cash mod and what does it do?

Post by Guest 10/11/2008, 20:52

kilsek why dont you explain becasue you know more about it than anyone.

Back to top Go down

OK, What is a cash mod and what does it do? Empty Re: OK, What is a cash mod and what does it do?

Post by Guest 10/11/2008, 21:05

Thats the problem, they are talking about a expande one?

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex 10/11/2008, 21:11

well from what i know, a basic cash mod, just earns you virtual cash for posting. An expanded one would, in my own opinion, have a lot more functions, such as say being able to intregrate with arcades, shops, banks, lotteries, rpgs and so on.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by LawDVHS13 10/11/2008, 23:24

Isn't it the same as posts?
You post one post. You get like $1 for it?
Or if someone give you a karma you get $10 ?

Something like that?
LawDVHS13
LawDVHS13
Forumember

Male Posts : 395
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/11/2008, 23:27

ya that is what I am on about..........

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon 11/11/2008, 00:34

you get points for posting or reading threads and you use the points to purchase things such as a colored name or something for you profile.

something along those lines. you can do a lot of things with cash mod
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by Data2link 11/11/2008, 01:13

Really- I didn't know that- thanks for explaining it Very Happy That would be so cool to have!
Data2link
Forumember

Female Posts : 272

Back to top Go down

Post by hardwork 11/11/2008, 01:18

sounds fun
hardwork
hardwork

Male Posts : 18
Language : english

http://www.vuucult.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles 11/11/2008, 03:18

Brandon, I don't know if I would want them getting posts for reading threads because then I would think that ppl would just click to enter each thread/topic/post, just to rack up the points/money just to get ahead.

When it comes to this type of mod, can you decide how much a person has to post in order to get the points? Reason why I ask, I can see people using this to post a bunch of spam, or just smilies, again to just rack up the points and no other purpose.

Just asking because honestly I wasn't real sure what the cash mod was. I thought it had to do with selling products on your forum. hehehe Thanks for explaining it. Now this is something that I am really interested in.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/2008, 04:01

Skittles brings up a good point. Posting spam to get points. We will need the no post count for certain forums and them be able to deduct points for spam.

Back to top Go down

Post by seraphim 11/11/2008, 04:11

are they gonna add this soon?

>.<

hope they do.

manually editing money is tiring
seraphim
seraphim
Forumember

Female Posts : 159
Language : Who knows?

http://chappy.rabbit-forum.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon 11/11/2008, 05:20

Skittles wrote:Brandon, I don't know if I would want them getting posts for reading threads because then I would think that ppl would just click to enter each thread/topic/post, just to rack up the points/money just to get ahead.

When it comes to this type of mod, can you decide how much a person has to post in order to get the points? Reason why I ask, I can see people using this to post a bunch of spam, or just smilies, again to just rack up the points and no other purpose.

Just asking because honestly I wasn't real sure what the cash mod was. I thought it had to do with selling products on your forum. hehehe Thanks for explaining it. Now this is something that I am really interested in.

I'm speaking in terms of what I've experienced with cash mods on other forums. It would all depend on how the technicians add the modification to the forums. Ideally, yes you would be able to adjust how many points you get for each activity. 1 point for making a thread, 1 point for making a post, 1 point for reading a thread, etc. etc. Then you set the amount of points it costs to purchase something. 200 points for a colored name, 300 points for a picture in your profile, 400 points for a larger size avatar, etc. etc. and like you said, if you're worried about spamming and what not, you just set the points really low or give 0 points for reading a thread. If you can't fully customize the settings, then it might become just another worthless update.

The term cash mod is deceiving. I used to think it had something to do with real money too, but like I said, if you can customize everything, you can set the terms to whatever you want. Points, money, coins, cash, etc.
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno 11/11/2008, 08:48

On some forums with cash mod, you can use these virtual money to purchase things from the shop set up by the admins to keep it or to give it to your friends.
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex 11/11/2008, 11:07

agreed with you all, cash mod will bring more fun to forum. It did give people motivation to post more and more.

but surely we need no post count for that Smile
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Post by LawDVHS13 11/11/2008, 17:12

We are better off with a Karma system.
It prevent spam.

You can make like a Karma Cash Mod or something.
You get Karma, you get like $10.
Then you can spend stuff, etc.

Could be fun.
Cause I don't want member to spam by posting or reading. haha.

If we have the Karma System, I bet all of our forum will be a lot more active too.
LawDVHS13
LawDVHS13
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex 11/11/2008, 17:16

i have had a cash mod before and you can set virtually everything in it, from how much they earn per post to the amount they can earn in a day. This can help stop spam. With the one i had, members would get more cash for many characters, say five hundred characters would get them 5 in cash. This actually encouraged members to post fuller posts.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by LawDVHS13 11/11/2008, 21:47

Anyone know when we gonna have this update?
In 5 years?
xD
LawDVHS13
LawDVHS13
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by endless013 11/11/2008, 22:13

zinex wrote:i have had a cash mod before and you can set virtually everything in it, from how much they earn per post to the amount they can earn in a day. This can help stop spam. With the one i had, members would get more cash for many characters, say five hundred characters would get them 5 in cash. This actually encouraged members to post fuller posts.
OOhh I hope if we ever do get a cash mod it's a full version so I can do that thumleft I wasn't to thrilled with the idea after thinking about it but if I can set the values then I could make simthing like 1 gil per 5 characters or something like that so the spamming wont be a big (or at least not as big as I had thought) Problem geek
endless013
endless013
Forumember

Male Posts : 450
Language : english

http://www.darkrealm13.com

Back to top Go down