The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Step by Step process with adding the warn bar?

+2
Stranger_4u
TheMark09
6 posters

Go down

Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? Empty Step by Step process with adding the warn bar?

Post by TheMark09 November 16th 2008, 8:46 pm

Since I can't view the howto site, I was wondering if somebody could give me a step-by-step process of uploading it Very Happy
TheMark09
Forumember

Male Posts : 191
Language : English, German

Back to top Go down

Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? Empty Re: Step by Step process with adding the warn bar?

Post by Guest November 16th 2008, 8:49 pm

TheMark09 wrote:Since I can't view the howto site, I was wondering if somebody could give me a step-by-step process of uploading it Very Happy
You have to register first.

Back to top Go down

Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? Empty Re: Step by Step process with adding the warn bar?

Post by TheMark09 November 16th 2008, 8:50 pm

TheMark09 wrote:Since I can't view the howto site
I can't view it even if I register Sad
TheMark09
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 16th 2008, 9:07 pm

I suggest you send Kilsek a pm explaining.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMark09 November 16th 2008, 9:20 pm

No...my stupid dad still has parental controls on =/
TheMark09
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 16th 2008, 9:27 pm

Hello,

Could you please explain what you mean by the "Warn Bar"? Do you mean one similar to the bar here on the Support Forum?

Back to top Go down

Post by Stranger_4u November 16th 2008, 10:10 pm

Yes may be he want this one ..if he is not i want this one on my forum plz provide us a step by step tutorial to insert that warning bar in our forum....Smile
Stranger_4u
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMark09 November 16th 2008, 10:16 pm

I'm talking about the warn bar like this forum has.
Because Im not sure I can just copy the warn bar and paste it into paint without permission.
TheMark09
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 16th 2008, 10:34 pm

Warning Bar Tutorial
(Created by Scamite for informational purposes only)

A warning bar is a visual indicator to members that show how many warnings they have accumulated over their time on the forum. A "Personalized Profile" is used for the warning bar. Lets get into it then.

Before you start you will need the images that your bar will be made up of.
For the purpose of this tutorial we will use the images here on the Support Forum. (Note. These cannot be used on your forum as they are property of the Support Forum)

Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? 1 - No Warnings
Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? Warn - One Warning
Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? 2warnsd - 2 Warnings
Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? Serwarns - 3 Warnings
Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? Bans - Banned

Of course you can add more images if your forum allows for more warnings before a ban.

1. Go to your Administration Panel and click on the tab marked "Users & Groups". Along the left hand click "Profiles".

2. Click on the "Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? AjouterCreate a personalized profile" link and select from the list of profiles, "An image among a list of preset images"

3. Name the profile "Warnings" and then the description should say something along the lines of "Warnings Accumulated".

4. For the default content box, post the image that indicates no warnings first with the [img][/img] tags around it.

5. Post each image on a new line in the decreasing order. So the full bar will be first and the "Banned" bar will be last.

6. Leave the Obligatory set to 'No', Preview is set to "This field is displayed in writers' profile and in the members' profile page" and the Modification is set to "Moderators".

7. Save your changes. Every member will now have a full bar.

To change the bar (ie, show a member has a warning) go to their profile and select the next image in the sequence, and save for the changes to take place. If the member reaches the banned image, make sure you actually ban the member too, as just showing the banned bar will not ban the member.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMark09 November 16th 2008, 10:58 pm

Ok thanks I'll get working on 5 of my own of those Wink

EDIT: Thanks so much. I made my own warning bars and it's successfully in Very Happy
TheMark09
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Stranger_4u November 17th 2008, 1:29 am

Scamite wrote:Warning Bar Tutorial
(Created by Scamite for informational purposes only)

A warning bar is a visual indicator to members that show how many warnings they have accumulated over their time on the forum. A "Personalized Profile" is used for the warning bar. Lets get into it then.

Before you start you will need the images that your bar will be made up of.
For the purpose of this tutorial we will use the images here on the Support Forum. (Note. These cannot be used on your forum as they are property of the Support Forum)

Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? 1 - No Warnings
Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? Warn - One Warning
Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? 2warnsd - 2 Warnings
Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? Serwarns - 3 Warnings
Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? Bans - Banned

Of course you can add more images if your forum allows for more warnings before a ban.

1. Go to your Administration Panel and click on the tab marked "Users & Groups". Along the left hand click "Profiles".

2. Click on the "Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? AjouterCreate a personalized profile" link and select from the list of profiles, "An image among a list of preset images"

3. Name the profile "Warnings" and then the description should say something along the lines of "Warnings Accumulated".

4. For the default content box, post the image that indicates no warnings first with the [img][/img] tags around it.

5. Post each image on a new line in the decreasing order. So the full bar will be first and the "Banned" bar will be last.

6. Leave the Obligatory set to 'No', Preview is set to "This field is displayed in writers' profile and in the members' profile page" and the Modification is set to "Moderators".

7. Save your changes. Every member will now have a full bar.

To change the bar (ie, show a member has a warning) go to their profile and select the next image in the sequence, and save for the changes to take place. If the member reaches the banned image, make sure you actually ban the member too, as just showing the banned bar will not ban the member.

You rocks i haven't made it yet but soon i will cuz you have told us we can't use these images that's why and one more reason is that i have the lowest performance pc so it will take time to make these kind of images....Confused
But thanks for the step by step tutorial.....

REGARDS

Stranger
Stranger_4u
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly_Queen November 17th 2008, 2:53 am

TheMark09 wrote:No...my stupid dad still has parental controls on =/

That's not right. how can you call your dad stupid? Evil or Very Mad
Butterfly_Queen
Butterfly_Queen
Forumember

Female Posts : 50
Language : unique
Location : Somewhere, someplace, some country, some city, and to be continue...

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike November 17th 2008, 3:00 am

I really WOULDN'T do that if I were you Stranger.

In another thread on this Forum, it has been announced by Zinex that the bars are ONLY for the use on this Forum as the Mod who made them, made them for this Forum only.

Technically, Scamite shouldn't have said all that.. but he has, so it's too late.

I'd hate to see you lose your Forum by stealing this Forums concepts after they have said they are NOT to be used.
I think we need a confirmation here, could a Mod/Admin please confirm what I have said?

Thank you

~DS~
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Male Posts : 458

http://darkrealms.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 17th 2008, 3:06 am

If you take the time to read the tutorial, you will see that I have clearly announced

READ BEFORE YOU POST, PLEASE

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike November 17th 2008, 3:17 am

Yes Scamite, I know, but it hasn't sunk in obviously as Stranger still wants to make them... as he said he will be making them soon.

The post I made was not directed at you, I read what you said perfectly..

Still think this should not have been explained as you are basicly telling him how to do something, then telling him he cannot do it..that is hardly fair.

That's like you getting an X-box 360, but then someone showing you how to use it, then telling you, "btw - you can't use it"

It's just not very nice, that's all.. nothing personal.
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 17th 2008, 3:25 am

I never said they can't use the tutorial. I said that for legal reasons, the images I have shown can't be used on their forums. All they need to do, is have their own images.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMark09 November 17th 2008, 4:16 am

I made my own images, I'm fine right?
TheMark09
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike November 17th 2008, 4:33 am

I was under the impression you cannot have either the images or the whole system itself.

As it was a system specificly designed for this Forum.
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 17th 2008, 5:24 am

TheMark09. If you have your own images you are fine with using the tutorial.

Demonspike. It's just the images which you cannot own. The tutorial was produced by myself and the system is not just for this forum. I know many forums that use a similar way of letting members know of their warnings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike November 17th 2008, 5:29 am

Ok, so forget I even said anything about it then..
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Stranger_4u November 17th 2008, 2:33 pm

HEY "~DS~" so it means that you are also agree that we can post this system in our forum?
and one thing more as i said my pc is a low performance pc so it would be great if some one provide me some images for warning bar not the one here.Smile

REGARDS

STRANGER
Stranger_4u
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike November 17th 2008, 5:14 pm

Stranger_4u wrote:HEY "~DS~" so it means that you are also agree that we can post this system in our forum?
and one thing more as i said my pc is a low performance pc so it would be great if some one provide me some images for warning bar not the one here.Smile

REGARDS

STRANGER

Not up to me Stranger.. you make your own decisions, but just be warned that what you do you ARE held responsible for.

Also, my advice to you is to conact the person who made them, maybe he has more for you, or can suggest the place he made/go them.

I wish you good fortune.

~DS~
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Stranger_4u November 17th 2008, 6:44 pm

Not up to me Stranger.. you make your own decisions, but just be warned that what you do you ARE held responsible for.

Also, my advice to you is to conact the person who made them, maybe he has more for you, or can suggest the place he made/go them.

I wish you good fortune.

~DS~

Thanks for the comment and i think i will contact you in this issue Very Happy

REGARDS

Stranger
Stranger_4u
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike November 17th 2008, 7:41 pm

By all means do.

I welcome your PM's

~DS~
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMark09 November 17th 2008, 10:29 pm

Somebody can lock this thread, my issue has been solved. The rest of you can make a new topic or something.
TheMark09
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Chris November 18th 2008, 8:12 am

I made my own.

Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? WarnSystem
for no warnings

Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? WarnSystem2
for one warning

Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? WarnSystem2-1
for 2 warnings

Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? WarnSystem-1
for 3 warnings

Step by Step process with adding the warn bar? WarnSystem-2
for banned.

Am I fine? I will move them if I can't have them.
~Chris
~Chris
Forumember

Male Posts : 722
Language : English, some italian.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa November 18th 2008, 8:20 am

TheMark09 wrote:Somebody can lock this thread, my issue has been
solved. The rest of you can make a new topic or something.

As requested, I will lock this topic now.

=>Locked
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down