The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with the Last Post's Column

+17
Gunhack X
anotherworld
Manhattan
romeobagga
Nessa
thomasc
itsjon
~Chris
Adiex
R4z
Nazza4Migele ETS
SBW
RAtSoaDM
JC_Chuck
triakel
The Goblin
Hakari
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Problems with the Last Post's Column - Page 2 Empty Problems with the Last Post's Column

Post by Hakari November 20th 2008, 23:19

First topic message reminder :

Hi,

My forum has been fine till last night.. I have not touched anything, and I am the only admin of the forum. However, suddenly, the LAST POST's column width has shrunk... it shrunk so much that the words are more likely to appear one after the other. Due to this problem, the Last Post's column increased all the categories' heights.

Here's my forum URL link: http://illuminati.all-up.com/index.htm

Can someone tell me a way to increase the width of the last post's column please? it looks really ugly right now and basically, the forum's height increase by a lot just because of the Last Post column Sad

Thanks in advance for those who would help me~
Hakari

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Problems with the Last Post's Column - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the Last Post's Column

Post by itsjon November 23rd 2008, 11:37

Yeah I'm having this problem and my users are getting annoyed. And I cant even do anything. ;l
Also I find that if you use IE it works yeah, but I dont want to use IE just for the forum cos other people wont do that
XD

PLEASE FIX THIS Sad:
itsjon
itsjon

Back to top Go down

Problems with the Last Post's Column - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with the Last Post's Column

Post by jonkil November 23rd 2008, 12:54

Yes I have the same problem, it looks terrible.
But, as someone else has stated... if using Internet explorer it seems to look fine.... It looks crap when viewing with firefox.....
Would like the techies on forumotion to get this sorted, have spent hours in the admin panel, hours messing with code but it is not resolved.... annoying problem.

my forum is HERE
jonkil

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by jonkil November 23rd 2008, 12:59

Just as a follow up and general observation.
If you view it in IE, the description of the headings seem to have a fixed line width, that is to say that in IE it will insert a line break and leave the last columns at their default width.

Using Firefox it seems that the description line will list its content fully in one line and thus compress the last colums.......

Hope this makes some sense to the techies.... I am going to attempt to insert line breaks in the description lines...
will report back.

**UPDATE**

No, wont sort it

Can we please have this topic upgraded to a "Sticky" and ask all users to post on their experiences resolving the issue, also ask all users to view their forums with a browser other than IE to see what it looks like.
There is obviously a coding issue within the software that causes compatibility issues with any browser other than IE, some people also seeing problems with safari/chrome/opera/netscape.
Internet Explorer does not hold the high ground as it used to, many millions of PC users worldwide now use many other browsers, especially firefox as it is many times more secure than microsoft's offering.

Regards,
Jon
jonkil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 23rd 2008, 18:51

Ok there uis a CSS code that works however it effects the "Topics" section aswell Smile

1. Navigate to:

Admin Panel\Didsplay\Colors\CSS Stylesheet

2. Add the following code and press "Submit" to save

Code:
.row3{
        min-width: 10em !important;
    }

3. Refresh your forum

You can change the "10em" to any size you want Smile

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by SBW November 23rd 2008, 21:54

Placehold wrote:Ok there uis a CSS code that works however it effects the "Topics" section aswell Smile

1. Navigate to:

Admin Panel\Didsplay\Colors\CSS Stylesheet

2. Add the following code and press "Submit" to save

Code:
.row3{
    }

3. Refresh your forum

You can change the "10em" to any size you want Smile

Regards

Craig

Hey placehold

I tried using that code in the stylesheet but it did not change anything on my forum. I do not have any other code in my CSS stylesheet as I haven't used it before. Any idea why that might not have worked? Really appreciate your help anyway mate.

Cheers
SBW

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 23rd 2008, 22:09

This code works only on one version, If you are using something different it may not work Smile

What version of the forum are you currently using, Phpbb2, Phpbb3, Punbb or invision?

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by JC_Chuck November 23rd 2008, 23:48

the problem doesnt exist in opera
JC_Chuck
JC_Chuck

Male Posts : 8
Language : English, Arabic, Russian, French, German, Spanish, Italian

http://www.eng4fun.com

Back to top Go down

Post by disdreamer November 24th 2008, 02:14

As an Administrator I am not having this problem, but the members of my forum are. Strange!
disdreamer
disdreamer
Forumember

Female Posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by ricmetal November 24th 2008, 03:08

as an admin i see the problem but i can fix it
i think maybe regardless of the version, as long as it isnt invision

what worked
copy your basic css to the css editable table and disable the basic css, then edit the css like this:

change
td.row3{
background-color: #c6ccd4;
}

add

td.rowTopics{
background-color: #c6ccd4;
}

then go to templates, general, index box, look for the first class=row3 and change it to class=rowTopics

all set

at least for the main forum page,
i dont know about inside each forum and each post
but with the explanation i gave you should grasp the method Wink

be carefull editing the css. one typo can mess up all the forums design.
ricmetal
ricmetal
Forumember

Male Posts : 38

http://forum.genuine-ptcs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazza4Migele ETS November 24th 2008, 07:55

I am honestly lost in all of this, does this mean my forum is going t look queer forever? It looks fine to begin with but as you scroll down there is a whole category that is double the size or more of all the others! So am I right in saying that I can't fix the problem?
And what has caused it? Anyone have any idea?
Cheers
Nazza4Migele ETS
Nazza4Migele ETS

Female Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Manhattan November 24th 2008, 11:59

Solved!! cheers guitar
Thank you all staff members!
Manhattan
Manhattan
Forumember

Language : ٍEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by triakel November 24th 2008, 12:32

Yep, now everything looks great again! Thanks!
triakel

Language : Swedish

Back to top Go down

Post by jonkil November 24th 2008, 16:33

Yes, all looks perfect again.
Many thanks to you guys at forumotion for getting this bug sorted out.... appreciated.

Jon
jonkil

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazza4Migele ETS November 26th 2008, 00:00

Wow! Yay!!!! It Looks great again! Thank You Very Happy :wééé:
Nazza4Migele ETS
Nazza4Migele ETS

Female Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Lafalot November 27th 2008, 06:35

The text in my last column displaying the title of the last post is still wrapping text. Am I the only one still having a problem?

I'm using version 2.
Forum width set to 100%
I set the display for the last post to 50
Still wrapping text and distorting the height of the row
It was appearing on one line before the recent problems.

Can someone help me please?
Lady Lafalot
Lady Lafalot
Forumember

Female Posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2