The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help changing the picture just before the address

5 posters

Go down

Help changing the picture just before the address Empty Help changing the picture just before the address

Post by 13gentj November 30th 2008, 11:41 pm

I cant figure out how to change the little picture just before the address. I thought it was called favicon but I changed that and the little picture did not change. What is the favicon? And how do I change the little picture before the address?
thanks in advance
13gentj
13gentj
13gentj
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Help changing the picture just before the address Empty Re: Help changing the picture just before the address

Post by Guest December 1st 2008, 12:02 am

I would also like this answer. Its called Favicon Smile

Back to top Go down

Help changing the picture just before the address Empty Re: Help changing the picture just before the address

Post by akashic December 1st 2008, 12:18 am

admin > general > forum - configuration > type the address of your pic in the forum favicon box and save
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Female Posts : 709

Back to top Go down

Post by Carryn December 1st 2008, 1:26 am

Yes that is the favicon.
I find that they don't show on IE, but they do on firefox.
IDK though.....
Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Language : none.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13gentj December 1st 2008, 2:50 am

I dont understand because I uploaded it and it wont change.
13gentj
13gentj
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by minal December 1st 2008, 3:54 am

I have a problem with favicons too. I know that they have to be an icon file, but I don't know any site where I can upload .ico files.

Anyone have a site for that?
minal
minal
Forumember

Female Posts : 25
Language : English

http://roaring-rainbows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Carryn December 1st 2008, 5:06 am

they can be .gif and .png images
Carryn
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 1st 2008, 7:03 am

You can upload a .ico file to any free webhosting service provider such as bravenet.com after making a account with them. Then add the url to the favicon, thats how i did it.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by 13gentj December 2nd 2008, 12:11 am

I dont understand. I saved it as a .gif. So Now can I just upload it to tinypic.com and put the url in the box?
13gentj
13gentj
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 2nd 2008, 12:32 am

I don't know if the favicon url accepts a .gif image. Try using that url, see if it works.
Admin > general > forum - configuration > type the address of your pic in the forum favicon box and save
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by 13gentj December 2nd 2008, 12:58 am

Well what site do you guys upload it to? It didnt work
13gentj
13gentj
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Carryn December 2nd 2008, 1:29 am

Sanket wrote:I don't know if the favicon url accepts a .gif image. Try using that url, see if it works.
Admin > general > forum - configuration > type the address of your pic in the forum favicon box and save
i only said .gif because i have a .gif image as my favicon.
13gentj wrote:Well what site do you guys upload it to? It didnt work
i have used servimg and photobucket
Carryn
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic December 2nd 2008, 3:26 pm

Psi-chotic! wrote:
Sanket wrote:I don't know if the favicon url accepts a .gif image. Try using that url, see if it works.
i only said .gif because i have a .gif image as my favicon.
13gentj wrote:Well what site do you guys upload it to? It didnt work
i have used servimg and photobucket

Me too Psi, I have a png image and have it directed from Photobucket - my favicon works fine
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Female Posts : 709

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 2nd 2008, 6:47 pm

^^^
Just upload your gif or png files to this site & it will convert it to a .ico image file
http://www.favicon.cc/?

Once uploaded you can use this ico file to upload it to bravenet.com & use the URL from them to provide at
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by 13gentj December 2nd 2008, 9:27 pm

Ok I uploaded it to favicon.cc and its uploaded. So now what do I do? I dont see any url. I downloaded it and that didn't do much for me either.
13gentj
13gentj
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 2nd 2008, 9:29 pm

Sanket wrote:^^^

Once uploaded you can use this ico file to upload it to bravenet.com & use the URL from them to provide at
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down