The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IP Adress matching to username

4 posters

Go down

IP Adress matching to username Empty IP Adress matching to username

Post by grace_cruz429 December 1st 2008, 7:47 pm

gud day.. is there any possible way to match the IP adress to the userid? meaning I have a copy of IP adress of my 1 member and I want to know who is the owner of that IP adress in my forum even he is not online or not even have a post? i have a seperate chatbox, and my moderator ban this person on my chatbox. and i was not there when it happen.. but because im the only one who can access to admin panel.. my moderator dont know also what is the username of that person... Only the IP adress is the one that he knows.. thats why i want to know if there is any possible way to know the owner of that IP adress.. please help me if theres a way.. thank you so much...
grace_cruz429
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

IP Adress matching to username Empty Re: IP Adress matching to username

Post by MrMario December 1st 2008, 7:56 pm

You can click on the IP on the Admin Panel and you will get infomation of that IP Owner. To unblock the IP on the ChatBox go here https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/the-chatbox-t3343.htm#18920
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by grace_cruz429 December 1st 2008, 8:28 pm

but i only have the copy of his or her IP adress.. as what i said i dont know who is the owner of that IP adress.. i save it only on notepad... and i dont even know who is the owner.. and i didnt use the default chatbox of the site.. i have a seperate chatbox which i pay seperate.. and on that chatbox they can easily change their names.. i try to search his name which he use on my chatbox. but no record for that name on my site... thats why the only record i have is his IP adress only. i used to check always on admin panel if there is who will log on the same IP adress.. but it always take me more time just to look and look several times for that IP.. i hope theres a way to match his IP adress.. thanks a lot...
grace_cruz429
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario December 2nd 2008, 12:45 am

Google IP Tracker. Theres all kinds of site you can find to track Ip's
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunhack X December 2nd 2008, 3:53 am

I don't think it is possible at the moment, but this sounds like a great idea you may suggest in the suggestion Area.
Gunhack X
Gunhack X
Forumember

Male Posts : 479
Language : English, Español

http://windows.topgoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by grace_cruz429 December 4th 2008, 11:11 pm

MrMario i dont think you get my point.. anyway thanks.. and thanks also Gunhack for answering..
grace_cruz429
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic December 4th 2008, 11:13 pm

Hi Grace

As far as I am aware, you can only match a user to an ip if they are online or if they have posted.
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Female Posts : 709

Back to top Go down

Post by grace_cruz429 December 5th 2008, 5:00 pm

hello akashic..

okay if ever he or she has posted already.. what should i do, where do i go, and how can i match it to the owner of that IP?

thanks...
grace_cruz429
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic December 5th 2008, 5:17 pm

Hi grace

If they post, go to that post and you should see an icon like this IP Adress matching to username Icon_post_info it will be the top right hand of the post. Click that and it will reveal the IP no. of that poster.
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by grace_cruz429 December 5th 2008, 5:42 pm

yeah i know that already.. but my problem is that i dont know who or what is the username of the IP adress that i have.. how can i click or whos im gonna click if i dont know his name...i have the copy of his IP ADRESS but my problem is the owner of that IP adress, whos on my member is the owner an IP adress that i have...
grace_cruz429
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic December 6th 2008, 12:09 am

Hi

you will not get a user name from an IP - unless you happen to see that ip address online, in other words when there are members online you could check on home page of admin and see if any member matches the IP you already have.
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down