The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stupid Question

3 posters

Go down

Stupid Question Empty Stupid Question

Post by FA December 1st 2008, 9:02 pm

Does everyone have ads in the header on their forums? Ours did not to start with but now there are. Do we have to just put up with bots or can we block them?
FA

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Stupid Question Empty Re: Stupid Question

Post by kirk December 1st 2008, 10:39 pm

FA wrote:Does everyone have ads in the header on their forums? Ours did not to start with but now there are. Do we have to just put up with bots or can we block them?

unfortantly the bots are there to stay. but they do no harm. they only gather information on the portal or index(or what ever boards you have open to everyone) page.they do not go on the forum. this is good to add to search engines for people to find you. now if your not in a forum directory then it can gather all the info it wants and most likely it's not going to show up in any search.
but there are still certain ways it will or can.

as far as the adds. some people dont have them for a wile. but yea they show up.
it's how forumotion make money and also allow us to have free forums. there is a way you can pay to have them removed. but once you log in there not there anymore. there's a whole long thread about this somewhere I'll find the link and edit in here for ya.

here ya go Smile
https://help.forumotion.com/other-problems-f46/only-topic-why-have-i-got-google-ads-on-my-forum-t28736.htm
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Stupid Question Empty Re: Stupid Question

Post by Rok December 2nd 2008, 12:34 am

Overall, you can unenable the ads from your members via guests. Just do the following:
Admin Panel >

General tab >

Forum -- Configuration >

*Scroll down a wee bit to Activate Ads, and select Guests.

Hope this helped,

Rok
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down