The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problem with adding stickies, announcement and polls

2 posters

Go down

problem with adding stickies, announcement and polls Empty problem with adding stickies, announcement and polls

Post by amaterasu1237 December 4th 2008, 1:48 am

Hi

I am admin of a forum and new to all this (forum managing) stuff, i didn't know how to make announcement, stickies or poll untill i read an already solved query here. But the problem is that when i go to a topic; i do see "options" "calendar" and "add a poll" written at bottom but they are not clickable(not enabled?). i tried fiddling with certain options on admin panel also but nothing helps. I'm still not able to make stickies, announcements or post polls.

Can anyone help me with this and possibly give me a check list of the settings i need to have to make these thing run properly?

Also how can i make an announcement on main site page which should display in all forums or do i need to add the same announcement in every forum individually?

thanks

EDIT: a member helped me after seeing snapshot, it was problem with the skin i was using. Its fixed on using a different theme.

thanx you can close this topic or delete it.
amaterasu1237

Language : english

Back to top Go down

problem with adding stickies, announcement and polls Empty Re: problem with adding stickies, announcement and polls

Post by Abyssal_Demon February 14th 2009, 12:33 am

pretend that you are going to post a new topic there should be 3 options under the message, options,poll,(i forget) click on options, at the bottom there will be three buttons named Normal(this should be already be checked off) Sticky, and Announcement. Click which ever one you need then proceed as if writing a new topic. Depending on what button you checked off it should appear as what you chose on the forum. Hope This helps
problem with adding stickies, announcement and polls Pictur10
Abyssal_Demon
Abyssal_Demon

Language : English

Back to top Go down