The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to set limit of post to see the forum

5 posters

Go down

How to set limit of post to see the forum Empty How to set limit of post to see the forum

Post by Veljko December 6th 2008, 12:57 pm

How to set limit of post to see the forum? I want to add an "Uper class club" to my forum, but I want to add a poist limit of 500 so only members with 5000 posts or more can see it!
Veljko
Veljko
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1270
Language : Serbian, English, CSS, HTML, a bit of latin and german...

Back to top Go down

How to set limit of post to see the forum Empty Re: How to set limit of post to see the forum

Post by Tarogasini December 6th 2008, 4:17 pm

Good idea, i was thinking something similar some time ago. I planned to make a category that will be accessible only to members who reach my desired post limit.

But i dont think this is even possible. If it is, i am kindly asking somebody to explain.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351
Language : English

Back to top Go down

How to set limit of post to see the forum Empty Re: How to set limit of post to see the forum

Post by Demonspike December 6th 2008, 5:17 pm

Simple, make a group called 500+ posters (Or whaever you want it to say).. and make it so only they may see that Forum.
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Male Posts : 458

http://darkrealms.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonia_mi December 6th 2008, 5:44 pm

but this way is not practical.
that means U have to watch who reached 500 posts and than let them into this group.
we need something easier, that system does it himself.
Sonia_mi
Sonia_mi
Forumember

Female Posts : 174
Language : Croatian

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike December 6th 2008, 6:05 pm

Wow, how many people will YOU have that actually have 500+ posts all at once?

It really isn't that much work as when they reach 500+ messages, they are plaed into a new group, there... not hard.

Sonia_mi wrote:but this way is not practical.
that means U have to watch who reached 500 posts and than let them into this

Just what do you do? sit and watch people's posts go up all the time? does anybody actually do this? it's normally not something you look for, and generally easy to spot if someone has 500+ posts.
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Male Posts : 458

http://darkrealms.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonia_mi December 6th 2008, 6:11 pm

not hard, sure, I already have two "limited" forums Wink
but, it can be easier, sure it can be.

I'm member on one forum where is set like this (photo album, diary...) but this forum isn't forumotion Wink
Sonia_mi
Sonia_mi
Forumember

Female Posts : 174
Language : Croatian

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk December 6th 2008, 8:41 pm

unfortently the only way to do it is how demonspike has said.
but remember you can always sort through the members that might have reached the limit or surpassed it in your members list. just set it up as ascending or descending post and you can see the ones that are not yet in the group and then add them.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down