The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the comment box in members profiles(can we)

3 posters

Go down

Solved the comment box in members profiles(can we)

Post by kirk December 8th 2008, 7:23 am

Is there way to set the comment box in members profiles to ware they can view whats in it but not reply.add to it or delete whats there?

i'm trying to have it to ware if we have to give warnings that the mods or admins place in there what the warnings were for and the date they were warned for our records.we can do that, but i want the members to be able to see what they were warned for but not be able to change or reply to whats in the box..

this is actually new to me. i was always under the impression for a long time now this is how it is supposed to work.. but it's not. is there settings some where to do this?

if not we'll just pm them there warnings and continue to keep the records the way we have them. but would much rather have it so the member can see there warnings in their profile.. it's just easier that way.

any help would be much appreciated.
thanks

Last edited by kirk on December 9th 2008, 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: the comment box in members profiles(can we)

Post by Sanket December 8th 2008, 7:33 am

You could probably add a personalized profile field, with the ability of only the admin or moderator to change that field to serve the above purpose you stated.

Not possible through the comments field.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk December 9th 2008, 12:21 am

Sanket wrote:You could probably add a personalized profile field, with the ability of only the admin or moderator to change that field to serve the above purpose you stated.

Not possible through the comments field.

OK thanks.. sounds like a good one for the suggestion board. i actually always thought it was always set up like this.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa December 9th 2008, 10:28 am

Since this problem appears to be resolved, I will lock this topic now.

=> Locked
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down