The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Text color in personalized profile

3 posters

Go down

Text color in personalized profile Empty Text color in personalized profile

Post by jaebaeli Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:48 pm

The more I work with personalized profiles, the more I realize there are many features missing that would sure help.

Here's another: I want to change the color of text in either the title or the fill-in box fields under personalized profile. Not sure what codes are acceptable.

For instance, in one personalized profile, I would at least like the title of it to be in black or some other color, as it blends too much with the text color in posts, and in the rest of the profile text--I don't want all text, everywhere to be the same color, but I don't know what code or what part of template to change to control colors in personalized profiles fields.
jaebaeli
jaebaeli
Forumember

Female Posts : 169
Language : english

http://KindredInkWriters.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Text color in personalized profile Empty Re: Text color in personalized profile

Post by Sanket Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:58 pm

You mean when you select enriched text, & the default content options should be colored text?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Prabu Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:04 pm

admin panel > Admin User & Admin Group > Admin Group > add new group

change group
Color Group Members : yes

save
Prabu

Male Posts : 14
Language : Indonesia, english

Back to top Go down

Post by jaebaeli Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:02 pm

Sanket wrote:You mean when you select enriched text, & the default content options should be colored text?

That, and the title of the created profile, yes. And I'm using plain text, because I want members to fill in text as an answer, and those answers need to be in a different color than the rest of the forum (like black). I need to know where to put the code, and which code to use--i guess the distinction is about enriched text option accepting the code, but maybe plain text won't? If this is so, then how can i color the text if it's not enriched, but plain? Alternatively, if have to use the enriched text option for this to work, will members still be able to fill in the box with their own text?
(This is all a way to solve previous problems with codes in personal profiles, which no one thus far has been able to help me solve--you have been trying to help me with some of that, so you might recall).
jaebaeli
jaebaeli
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by jaebaeli Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:03 pm

Prabu wrote:admin panel > Admin User & Admin Group > Admin Group > add new group

change group
Color Group Members : yes

save

Sorry, this does not address what I asked.
jaebaeli
jaebaeli
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:11 pm

You are correct, its not possible to have colored field when you select a plain field.

What do you exactly want the members to fill in that field, just some text according to their choice?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by jaebaeli Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:29 pm

Originally, i wanted them to choose from an element box, but never got the code to work, though it worked on websites and blogs. This is a writing site and I needed them to be able to choose from a list of genres in which they write, so that othre members could glance over and see the poster's experience by knowing what genres they write. So this required the ability to select more than one thing from a list. Right now, i am just using the enriched text and providing that list and letting them know they can delete whatever doesn't apply. That will be okay for now--though it would be nice to let them select from a drop down list in the profile. But barring that, this might be the best solution. You can check that by going to the site and looking at a post.
http://kindredinkwriters.forumotion.net
jaebaeli
jaebaeli
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:49 am

Try using enriched text.
In the default content anyways, you will leave it blank since you want to let the users type it according to what they want. Probably you can make an announcement on your forum letting users know how to add colors to the text.

Forumotion, Name

Code:
[color=orange]Forumotion, [/color][color=cyan]Name[/color]

Does this help you?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by jaebaeli Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:53 pm

Regarding color: Yes i have considered doing it that way, and still might incorporate letting them add their own color...but for the blank box, I can't really let them put whatever they want in there because there are 14 or 16 genres, and they need to be uniform for the purpose of clarity and consistency, so I need to provide the selections and let them choose from among them. Otherwise, yes, I would have done it that way to begin with.
Thanks, Sanket.
jaebaeli
jaebaeli
Forumember

Back to top Go down